shizzzon

factory speaker replacement, LouD replacement

I own a scion tc and specs are-

fronts are 6.5" 2way components

rears are 5.25" co-axials.

Since i am adding 3Kw worth of bass, i need high powered speaker replacements.

I'm not a total audiophile, I just like it loud and clear.

Anyways, i have been looking at these -

JBL C608Gti MK II

Why? because they are the loudest 6.5" 2way i can find without retailing over $1,000.

Now, here is the question -

if i power these with about 200w per side, for me sitting up front, would i not hear the rear speakers higher frequency range giving them 100w per speaker?

I'm wondering if i am just suppose to replace the rear speakers with just 5.25" woofers only, no co-axial.

well, i am actually thinking about putting something above the rear seats attached to the sub box but have not done any modeling yet but i know it may be capable.

I'm just confused right now on the rear speakers.

IF i were to replace my rear speakers with midbass woofers, i could then, if i wanted to, run horns behind the rear seats.

I have never messed with components before so i am lost when it comes to where i should x-over the mids and highs at...never had to do it before. I'm sure with enough playin with them i'll find out what sounds good.

Hey JimJ or anyone else who may know this-

This is a new product therefore there are no reviews that i could find but after going through the website for a little bit, this tweeter is hella crazy-

Audiopipe's ATX-6650

I know the brand seems like i'm wasting my time but i am looking for loud, not perfecto sound quality but it's still capable with the right tuning.

Anyways, the specs are ungodly -

4" High Power Horn Tweeter with a 2.8" Ferro-fluid Enhanced Voice coil and 130oz mag

Fre response - 2Khz - 25Khz

Handling - 400wrms

Sensitivity - 105Db

Supposedly retails for just over $100\per but can be had as a pair for about $125.

One question though - it says they come with a crossover capacitor. This isn't something that will resist power will it?

I know that sounds like a stupid way of wording it but a LONG time ago, i bought these 300w rated tweeters for only $3 a pair but they had some internal "something" that heavily resisted power because these things were not that loud whatsoever and were made from a company that shouldnt even exist.

Shizzon - I just did a google on them and I'm seeing a lot of 50 dollar offerings...

Every tweeter I've ever bought at those prices was bright, loud as hell and painful. That said, I'm thinking you should spring for it!

Heck, for the price, it can't hurt too much if it's a failure, right? :neil:

Well, i do like to do stuff that is just.. well different.

I was going to install 2 marine speakers right behind my grill, yes under the hood, for showing off, controlled by a switch on the remote line.

But, if these tweeters are really that powerful, i wouldnt have to buy that setup. Those tweeters alone, facing the front of the car, installed just above the rear seats would be screaming loud, if it's true.

The fronts i posted above should be loud enough along with some midbass drivers running about 125w per in the rear should be plenty of power to run with a 3000w amp.

I just wanna make sure i do overkill on stereo power, i can set things down, i can't just make power appear if necessary.

I hope this is a show car, and not something that's going to be playing every day...

:) i didnt hear what you said JimJ?

This is not for show yet this is not powered like this during daily driving either. For the power ratings you are seeing, yes, it would be played like that with no one in the car. I used to just run 1 15" off of 1000w and after a few minutes, i would have to give my head rest for a while and we know that higher frequencies cause damage sooner than lower to ears. I've been to plenty of concerts and i know what my threshold is, let alone i work in a noisy environment anyway.

If i can't take 1000w from 1 15, you know i wont be able to take 2 12s at 3Kw for any length of time.

The high power ratings is for show, yes, but not ran like that for daily driving.

Doubt those tweeters will handle anywhere near 400RMS for $50... You get what you pay for... Maybe it is rated by the pair but i still wouldn't push 200rms to just the tweeter... Guess you can try it tho....

just for the record you may know what your threshold for pain is but you can't tell when you start killing your hearing. You won't know that until it's too late.

sounds like i can take over this thread from here LOL

to the original poster- get these...they loud as balls. the other guys here will do the same thing to you that they do to me...i know what u want, they dont like that type of speakers, so theyll tell u not to get it....

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.c...FTOKEN=93857614

and then some bullet tweeters...eminence.....selenium...something like that..i know thats what you're going for...exactly what i am

those audio pipe tweeters are good by the way, i had some atx 3230's....theyre loud and harsh like alot of bullet tweeters, but thats what i want and thats what u seem to want, so go for it. youll like it i guarentee u