Sign in to follow this  
chubbz95

Fi BL or Audioque HDC

Hey guys well im debating whether or not to get two fi bl or two audioque HDC 12's...the amp pushing them will be either a orion 2500D(both) or a DD M1(each)...

They will be installed in a blowthrough enclosure in a 93 Nissan Xtra cab pickup...I was wondering which subs will sound better and get louder if that is possible...the enclosure will be 5 cubes tuned to 33 hz...

thanks

p.s. all opinions will be appreciated...

oh and i just wanted to say that the box is already installed because they housed 2 12" IDmaxes before this...so the enclosure will stay the same...

Both are good subs. I would support FI however, just my opionion though for what its worth.

I will probably get the Bl's just because I've never heard an HDC3 in person and I do like the way they sound...

ill probably wait for now and just keep my DD2512's in save some money maybe pick up another orion 2500D and try out 2 12" btls..

2 bls for that amp, if you had more power, go with AQ.

I would have stuck with the IDMAX's :(

well they were old and my friend wanted to buy them..for $220 a piece I couldn't go wrong...So now im just running DD2512's..not quite as loud and doesnt get as low but gets the job done...

Edited by chubbz95

Personally, I know the quality of build of the BL's, and I know how they hold up. I don't know about the AQ's, so I cannot comment on them. But I vote BL's, you can option them if need be, can AQ say that? ;)

they can do very little custom work like aluminum to copper wire and different voice coil configs but thats it.

I can't comment on the new subs because they are using out of country parts now to cut cost down.

However, the original series, the ones that cost close to $400, the ones i'm trying to sell here, lol, they can take some beating!

They should be compared to the BTLs but not 100% though. A LOT of people compared the original HD3s to DD9500s.

A competitor on Termpro was the one who got me to buy 2 of em at the time. He was running 1 Hifonic Colossus per sub! Metered at just over 2,200 watts per sub actual output for 3 straight burps and never even got luke warm.

I got it, wired 1 15 up to an amp outputting metered power of - 600-1300w for daily drivin tuned to 29hz for about 18 months, never ever ever got warm, ever. I made a video of just over 15 minutes of straight bass, recorded at 0 db amplitude of, again, constant bass and the sub still never got luke warm.

The originals are a beast.

they can do very little custom work like aluminum to copper wire and different voice coil configs but thats it.

I can't comment on the new subs because they are using out of country parts now to cut cost down.

However, the original series, the ones that cost close to $400, the ones i'm trying to sell here, lol, they can take some beating!

They should be compared to the BTLs but not 100% though. A LOT of people compared the original HD3s to DD9500s.

A competitor on Termpro was the one who got me to buy 2 of em at the time. He was running 1 Hifonic Colossus per sub! Metered at just over 2,200 watts per sub actual output for 3 straight burps and never even got luke warm.

I got it, wired 1 15 up to an amp outputting metered power of - 600-1300w for daily drivin tuned to 29hz for about 18 months, never ever ever got warm, ever. I made a video of just over 15 minutes of straight bass, recorded at 0 db amplitude of, again, constant bass and the sub still never got luke warm.

The originals are a beast.

yeah i witnessed what the originals can do but what can the new breed do...you got a link to that video

well, i did upload it to ROE when i first made it but they said it was so long that they had to cut it down big time.

I do not know if i still have the original video saved anywhere or not.

Let me check all my drives and pcs, i'll repost in several minutes and let u know.

ok, i dont have it on any of these 6 hard drives, i have some more unplugged that i can check but i wont do it right now.

If you wanna see the short clip ROE made, go to RealmofExcursions site and go to videos, then Audioque, and look for ShiZZZoN's video.