Sign in to follow this  
WildSebring

Got a Problem

Well here goes:

I have 2 15" RE SX's and two Sundown Audio SAZ 1500d's.

Problem is, the Fs of the SX is 27.8 and the box that I'm going to use(or was gonna use) is tuned to 54hz. Now being that the Fs is 27.8, it's not a SPL sub now I realize in a box that is tuned to 54hz.(I'm still learning I'm a semi-newb) I've heard the 15" SX in a 46hz tuned box with a 1000 watt DD amplifier and it sounded ok, but I've had a few people tell me, these 2 SX's are going to sound bad as in terrible in a 54hz box.

Does anyone have any opinions/suggestions/solutions or alternatives?

I may be switching sub's and if I have to whats a better alternative?

I need 2 15's with the Fs around 34-34.5 to work in the box I'm going to use. I don't wanna go DD if I don't have to because of the price and Fi's are a little outta my price range right now as well. Any alternatives?

I would appreciate your input, how little or big it be..Thanks

Geoff

Edited by WildSebring

LOL, I'm pretty sure it's going to be cheaper to just build a new box rather than two new subwoofer.s

True, but I want to run a box between 54-55hz. Strictly only a SPL car. I don't wanna tune in the mid 40's..

I wanna be around 54-55hz for competitions and these subs, people are saying, wont sound right doing it.

Thanks John for the input.

try some AQ HDC3s, Fi BLs, or.... almost forgot, Audiobahn Immortals.

All of those subs have Fs's around or over 40hz so should work perfect for your attempted setup.

Oh, also Hifonics higher end subs as well, i think their Fs is high up their too.

True, but I want to run a box between 54-55hz. Strictly only a SPL car. I don't wanna tune in the mid 40's..

I wanna be around 54-55hz for competitions and these subs, people are saying, wont sound right doing it.

Thanks John for the input.

Why do you care how its going to sound if its "Strictly only a SPL car".

i've never done an SPL only setup but i do know that higher Fs subs usually tend to be better for SPL.

For someone that knows why would be great to post here so i know too but that's what i've noticed.

A lot of people say, low Fs subs, sound like junk as far as SPL, as in they don't meter well, my bad, forgot to word this way. :cookiemonster:

I don't wanna do this setup if it's going to meter same at 46hz vs. 54 hertz, because I wanna benefit the full +8hz that is there. I wanna go 54hz, and this sub wont meter that well on 54hz.

I would say install them and try it. Unless you've had personal experience with the exact application.. you have no idea what could happen.

Worst case scenario is they don't respond well and you go buy new subs. But you've already got them, so see how they do!

True, worst thing would be is that they don't respond.

A guy here named Kevin, had two 15" SX's and said they stop responding after 46hz, but I'll try it and see for myself.

thanks for your help John, any opinions about the Audioque HDC3? Might be a decent alternative? Any thoughts on it?

Edited by WildSebring