super sql

attention: people running single rlp -15

this thread is for those people running a rl-p 15.

how much power you feeding it?

how big is your box?

whats it tuned to?

a brief review would be nice. like how it responds on certain music.

1200 watts, 2.9 ft^3 @ 33 hz, 15.5"x3" port.

It sounded awesome and got deep and fairly loud. I loved it for most kinds of music....the reason I don't have this current setup anymore is because more than half the music I listen to is jazz. Unfortunately, this setup and jazz equalled poo. I may try a sealed, lower-powered system with the same sub in the future.

Edited by You Ham-fisted Cluck!

ive got mine in 3 cubes sealed after disp. on a crossfire bmf1000d about 1200 rms. its all i could want for a daily driver setup. sweet sq and gets loud and flat response as well. although i want to build a ported box for it to switch out for when i want it to wang! haha. i want to know what others are doing ported wise as well, so post em up people!!

ive got mine in 3 cubes sealed after disp. on a crossfire bmf1000d about 1200 rms. its all i could want for a daily driver setup. sweet sq and gets loud and flat response as well. although i want to build a ported box for it to switch out for when i want it to wang! haha. i want to know what others are doing ported wise as well, so post em up people!!

built a new box a month or so ago, 4 cubes tuned at 30hz with 55.5 square inches of port. its in a hatch crx style box, so really loud, never gotten metered, dont really care. i thought the sealed box was loud haha yeah right! perfect for daily, loud and very musical while doing so. very happy.

this thread is for those people running a rl-p 15.

how much power you feeding it?

how big is your box?

whats it tuned to?

a brief review would be nice. like how it responds on certain music.

1000wrms

3.5 cuft

28hz

very musical, gets VERY low. peaks around 60 i believe, i have the top end eq'd, +2 db at 100hz, i like it like this alot. i think i have the filter at 120hz? mids come in at 80hz.

edit: wow forum is slow. i guess i responded to this thread about a month ago.

Edited by MrSwiss

1000wrms

3.5 cuft

28hz

i was going to go with exactly that box, but opted for the 4 cubes at 30 one. i want to fit a box under my hatch cover so this is my next box. i might tune at 25 though :neil:

I'm interested in how small a sealed enclosure I can jam this thing into w/ a Sundown 1000D (if that's appropriate power). Put lots of stuffing to reduce Q as much as possible. I've got great EQ capabilities, and with this thing's power handling I think I may be OK to do this. Just wanted some input on how realistic I'm being.

Thanks

I'm especially interested for this as my bottom-end bass down to 20Hz or more. I've already got an rli-8 that can handle say to 40Hz, then this for the rest.

I noticed on the specs for the driver, Soundsplinter says .95 ft^3 'enhanced Q.' Is this referring specifically to stuffing, or to other enhancements?

You mean two RL-i's up front for midbass? Or a single driver?

Splitting the subbass region into two drivers in mono is a bad idea...

1 rli-8. Currently it's my only sub and it's firing into the cabin through the armrest hole.

I was thinking that I would have it and the 15 in the car trunk. One on each side in a custom fiberglass enclosure to keep it close to the edge, facing in towards the middle. Use the rli-8 for 60Hz down to say 30-40, then the rest from the 15.

My goal here is to be loud, but accurate. Sealed enclosures with plenty of power are what I'm thinking. So far on the rli-8 run by a Sundown 100.2 this has proven very effective. I just want more bass... ;)

Use the rli-8 for 60Hz down to say 30-40, then the rest from the 15.

It'd be better to beef up your midbasses to play down to 50Hz confidently, then have them roll off, and the sub take care of the rest...

It'd be better to beef up your midbasses to play down to 50Hz confidently, then have them roll off, and the sub take care of the rest...

Any particular reason? Beefing up the front is gonna be hard. Not much space in the kickpanel area, doors take 5 1/2 without mods. I've got them damped really well. I'll see this weekend how low I can get them.

have any of you heard the rl-s? if so how does the rl-p's sq compare to the rl-s? i had 2 rl-s 12s in my trunk so i know how clean the rl-s sounds. want to know how the rl-p compares.