Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

New Heatsink

new_HS_1.jpg

* More fins added to the side.

new_HS_2.jpg

* The main change, 10mm added height to add fins under the face.

new_HS_3.jpg

* Mirrored part number so that when you flip the "Sundown Audio" bar it looks the same as before.

---

There we go :) Eventually the whole SAX and SAZ line will have this case.

I like the heatsink.. very nice.. and cool idea with the mirrored part number, I like that. :cookiemonster:

Edited by WildSebring

Looks good..I can't decide if I want to sell my older version and just pick up 2 of these or not. :lol2:

It is also quite a bit heavier now, alot more aluminum in there :) Should run like an ice cube now!

Quite a few customers suggested the mirrored part number -- it was a great idea, so I did it.

looks good man.i like the mirrored look 2.when r u doing the 1500d's like that?just wondering before i order another one.thanks

looks good man.i like the mirrored look 2.when r u doing the 1500d's like that?just wondering before i order another one.thanks

The next production run will be as such -- around 60-90 days from now.

that was a great idea that looks killa on the 3000d cant wait for the whole lineup to have this new style heatsinks....

Aloha

OOOOTAY

Does it come with the plaid like in the first pic. :lol:

technology at its best

You can't quite see it in the photo... but on the bottom of each internal fin there is a texture like the texture on the bottom of the mounting feet, this further increases heat dissipating surface area.

I'll be taking 4 of those soon for the truck, guess it's time to sell the old style ones, just can't mix and match.......lol

I may have to take one of those off your hands

Very good move Jacob. This shows something that does not happen often in this industry, constant updates and upgrades for the customer.

Now Jacob, don't go adding fins to that new car. ;)

Very good move Jacob. This shows something that does not happen often in this industry, constant updates and upgrades for the customer.

*laughs*

No fins on the car!

The 100.4 and 1500D will be next to get the new heatsink in 60-90 days or so, followed later by the 100.2 -- for those wondering :)

looks great... now get to work on those 250.2. ;)

All the work is done -- new heatsink is done, new crossover tooling is done -- I just need to gather some capital for them. Just keeping existing models in stock has become quite a challenge as Sundown becomes more popular worldwide :)

*laughs*

No fins on the car!

The 100.4 and 1500D will be next to get the new heatsink in 60-90 days or so, followed later by the 100.2 -- for those wondering :)

what Jacob means to say is he has a few 100.4s and 1500Ds left but has quite a few 100.2s so please buy the little guys

Any violation of warranty if we flip the cover 180 ourselves (from the pics they look the same on both sides)?

I'll be getting my Sundowns at the end of the week and one needs to go with the logo upside down.

Any violation of warranty if we flip the cover 180 ourselves (from the pics they look the same on both sides)?

I'll be getting my Sundowns at the end of the week and one needs to go with the logo upside down.

lol no all it takes is to undo the 2 alan screws at the ends of the silver bar and to lift that bar out and turn it around

Is there any chance of getting amps modified for competition guys? Also, I need a number to get ahold of you because i should be ordering my amps soon and want to make sure they will be ready to go in time for Xtreme Audio Thunder.

Sign in to follow this