brent338

eD 13Av.2 Subwoofer

I have run/ran a eD sub over the past 5 years with moderate enjoyment. But They have turned me off their products over the past years. Now the though of dealing with them....Well.......Just makes me feel all dirty!

Besides I found a new underdog to support. And hes only blocks away.....beat that eD!

Oh and the 13Av looks like a turd.

Edited by Puggsley456

Why don't you buy one of his defective products, try to get some response for your troubles and in classic fashion get none and then say the same thing. No one here was "biased" any more so than the original review. Obviously brand boner people will review it positively and those of us that have had bad experiences with Ben will choose to say whether it is good or not it isn't worth doing business with him. The only bias here is to work with manufacturers that will actually support their product and not lie about them. :(

Ive bought a great deal of hardware from ED and never received one of "his defective products". Again this has been over the past 2 years. Im sorry, i really wish i had some horror stories i could share and agree with you guys on but it just hasnt happened. Ive never had a problem with issues regarding support on their products. They all come with a 5 year transferable warranties and i can pick up a phone at any time and talk to a tech regarding any hardware and have it addressed.

I've installed two eD sub and amp combos for people. One was a nine.1 with 3 of there 9kvs's and the other was a nine.2x (i think, may have been a nine.2) with an 11kv2. The products themselves had ok build quality, no huge concerns i noticed, but i didn't pay a GREAT deal of attention to that. Of this, the nine.2x failed in a few hours. eD was very helpful for the guy and got the replacement out fast (we're in southern MN so it's not far from their HQ in iowa). eD also called the evening both orders were receiver to see if they had any questions. Both of these were later last summer.

Would I buy their stuff myself? No. Their products are average, better than a best buy system, but nowhere near most of the products on here. Also from reading EVERYWHERE (except of course ICIX) I've come to the conclusion that Ben Milne is in fact a douche.

So there's my eD review.

i was going to preorder one and got an email back to the extent of "pay now and we'll email you when they are available, but it may be 4 to 5 months"

after that i decided i didnt wanna play with one that bad

I have a Nine.1 and a 19Ov.2 and I like them...the amp is tough. The sub is awesome for under 200 bucks.

Only bad experience is that when I first ordered my Nine.1 I got one that didn't work and had two small chips in the heatsink...I called eD and told them what was up and they said they test every amp. I said well this one doesn't work. They sent me a new one and I got it two days later BEFORE I even mailed out my defective amp.

I was thinking about getting a 13Av.2 but the two year delay turned me off...maybe in the future I may get one

i was going to preorder one and got an email back to the extent of "pay now and we'll email you when they are available, but it may be 4 to 5 months"

Uh, they dont charge you until the item ships. Ive had one on pre order since they announced the pricing discount of the 1st 25 they are selling and have never been charged a dime. As for comparing their hardware to others, thats like apples and oranges. Would i rather have a Sundown SAZ-1500D over a Nine.1? Absolutely. The SAZ-1500D is a better amp hands down. Do I think the SAZ is worth the extra money? No, absolutely not...not for what i paid.

As for their drivers they are pretty much known as budget SQ drivers. Not hard core SPL comp drivers. If i want SPL ill look elsewhere other then ED, but i could care less about SPL because its not my thing...again apples and oranges.

haven't heard much good about eDuh since i got into the car audio scene...they have obviously done wrong to a good number of people when there are entire posts about them and their buisness practices(CSO's Ben Milne Love Parade Topis lol)

from the things i have heard, i would never invest in an eD product...i could be completely wrong but weren't some of their early/original models designed by TC? and basically stealing other designs...c'mon

it's not us being Bias....you go an talk to any of the eD cult and they will swear by eD and eD only...

from the things i have heard, i would never invest in an eD product...i could be completely wrong but weren't some of their early/original models designed by TC? and basically stealing other designs...c'mon

As far as i know before they did in house tooling they paid TC to build drivers to the specs they requested. Please correct me if im wrong.

Their earliest drivers were Resonance-built, IIRC...the '03 flat-cone line was TC, and the following one was ID.

However, the whole Tang Band situation was not simply some people flaming them on a forum :)

Uh, they dont charge you until the item ships. Ive had one on pre order since they announced the pricing discount of the 1st 25 they are selling and have never been charged a dime. As for comparing their hardware to others, thats like apples and oranges. Would i rather have a Sundown SAZ-1500D over a Nine.1? Absolutely. The SAZ-1500D is a better amp hands down. Do I think the SAZ is worth the extra money? No, absolutely not...not for what i paid.

As for their drivers they are pretty much known as budget SQ drivers. Not hard core SPL comp drivers. If i want SPL ill look elsewhere other then ED, but i could care less about SPL because its not my thing...again apples and oranges.

well considering thats the email i got back, i decided it wasnt worth it to me as all i was going to do with it is test it and get rid of it. I'd run the "nine" series of amps if the mono block put out about 400-500 more, but it doesnt so its a Sundown for me.

Ive bought a great deal of hardware from ED and never received one of "his defective products". Again this has been over the past 2 years. Im sorry, i really wish i had some horror stories i could share and agree with you guys on but it just hasnt happened. Ive never had a problem with issues regarding support on their products. They all come with a 5 year transferable warranties and i can pick up a phone at any time and talk to a tech regarding any hardware and have it addressed.

And that's good. There's certainly nothing wrong with that in my book. :)

And that's good. There's certainly nothing wrong with that in my book. :)

and he's not the only one to get good product, service, of that i'm sure. but the number of people in kslice's situation vs those on the other side, especially those of us from early on, are far outnumbered.

my problem is with ben and ben alone. him and i used to talk quite regularly via email. this was late 01-early 02, very few people ran his gear then and we were discussing different options. money was sent, product never recieved, excuses galore, mostly saying money was never sent, talking stopped an di've moved on. didn't cost me much so all that happened is what you see. i'll never support that man or his products, even if they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

oh well, live and learn.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Uh, they dont charge you until the item ships. Ive had one on pre order since they announced the pricing discount of the 1st 25 they are selling and have never been charged a dime.

They do, in fact, charge people during pre-order although the basis on which they do so seems to be hit or miss. Aside from documented proof of this on previous pre-orders, there was someone on AVSForum just a day or two ago who was charged when he pre-ordered the 13.av2 and called them up to cancel his pre-order and receive a refund when the release date got pushed back again. He was told they would be available sometime in March.

Which means the release date has been changed....again. Keep in mind they originally targetted June of 2007 as the release date. It's been changed a few times but at last they had a fixed date in January....and then that was changed to February 18th...and now it's been changed to sometime in March? What's even more amazing is that someone will try to justify this.

Why don't you buy one of his defective products, try to get some response for your troubles and in classic fashion get none and then say the same thing. No one here was "biased" any more so than the original review. Obviously brand boner people will review it positively and those of us that have had bad experiences with Ben will choose to say whether it is good or not it isn't worth doing business with him. The only bias here is to work with manufacturers that will actually support their product and not lie about them. :(

One good experience doesn't outweigh all of the bad ones, your bias is based on a very small sampling of only one person and as you can see nearly everyone here has had a bad experience with Ben. If you just once had a car that regularly had defective deadener that was falling off, bought a sub that separated shortly after use, bought an amp that failed quickly and then received flack trying to get it warrantied your outlook would change. Then to add insult to injury the lies about things such as selling asphalt and calling it butyl, selling a ripoff of a Tangband sub and stating it the other way, copying a manufacturer so badly that you have to alter the design of your sub after it is released. Hell it sounds to me like he runs a business like the chinese and is worried about one an only one thing at that is Ben Milne.

wrong- you have to use their online RMA service. they do not want to talk to you about this sort of stuff. you have to go online get your RMA, send it back in all original packaging and include all paperwork ( even though they have records of your transactions )- by not speaking to you on the phone they can avoid how mad you are. i experienced this on 2 out of 3 products i purchased from them. i should have listened to what people were saying about him, but i figured... no way... it could not be that bad..... well sorry i was wrong. when i think about giving money to that weezil it makes my stomach turn. he's just a smug puke who rips off mfgs who actually spend time and money into R&D AND his customers.

Wow a positive review. Obviously he was paid off by Ben and the evil forces... :lildevil:

Even though Ben runs the company i dont support him personally because i dont even know him(although ive spoken with him a few times). I do, however, support the products they(there are other great people working at ED) make because they have all worked for me flawlessly in the past as have other products from Fi, DLS, Alpine etc which ill continue to support.

I just wonder how many people here have actually used their products...ie amps, drivers, and have legitimate issues with them? By "legitimate" i mean hands on, not oh i heard from so and so on the forums blah blah blah or from my buddy so and so. If you have had problems that were handled unjustly then i agree to avoid their product as would I with any manufacture, but i would not go around flaming a company online like a teenager.

This isnt aimed at everyone in this thread. Some of you seem rather professional, while others seem to follow the typical 12v mob mentality.

I have personal, hands on experience with their eDead V1SE. Also, I have personal, hands on experience of finding pieces of it that have fallen off in my trunk every summer. And let's not forget the personal, hands on experience of trying to remove the pieces that fall off in my doors and clog up the window mechanisms.

By far, the worst car-related purchase I've ever made.

ive also had bad experiences with their deadener, couple years back i was intrigued by the price and the biased "quality" that you get, so i ordered 2 rolls of the v2 i think... it worked well at first but i started noticing peeling about within a month or so, i just simply re rolled it and sure enough it started peeling again but at different spots and got into the window mechanism... long story short i peeled everything recleaned my doors... complete pain to get off and replaced everything with Raamatt/ b-quiet deadener and never had a problem siince... never had any bad experience w/ Ben 1st hand but that was my eD experience... i have to admit they do know how to market their products though

Wow a positive review. Obviously he was paid off by Ben and the evil forces... :lildevil:

Even though Ben runs the company i dont support him personally because i dont even know him(although ive spoken with him a few times). I do, however, support the products they(there are other great people working at ED) make because they have all worked for me flawlessly in the past as have other products from Fi, DLS, Alpine etc which ill continue to support.

I just wonder how many people here have actually used their products...ie amps, drivers, and have legitimate issues with them? By "legitimate" i mean hands on, not oh i heard from so and so on the forums blah blah blah or from my buddy so and so. If you have had problems that were handled unjustly then i agree to avoid their product as would I with any manufacture, but i would not go around flaming a company online like a teenager.

This isnt aimed at everyone in this thread. Some of you seem rather professional, while others seem to follow the typical 12v mob mentality.

I have a 4 channel ED amp that when bridged to run as a 2 channel amp only takes one RCA Cable as a signal with no ability to fade the signal from left to right. When I made a negative review on their website, they don't even post it. I've always wondered why every product they sell has an amazing list of good reviews (4 to 5 stars).

I have a 4 channel ED amp that when bridged to run as a 2 channel amp only takes one RCA Cable as a signal with no ability to fade the signal from left to right. When I made a negative review on their website, they don't even post it. I've always wondered why every product they sell has an amazing list of good reviews (4 to 5 stars).

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say its user or install error.

eD is no different than every other company out there that lies about the release date.

Water under a bridge..

eD is no different than every other company out there that lies about the release date.

Water under a bridge..

They never lie, they just reassess the situation :peepwall::suicide-santa:

picture this... a four channel amp... set to 2 channel... only one RCA cable connected, not a pair, JUST ONE... a signal is sent to both left and right speakers... How is that possible?

btw... i hooked up an old Eclipse 4 channel amp right after and it performed as expected so all wiring was correct.

It sounds to me like KSlice works for eD.

Wonder why. ;)

The only ED products I have ever owned(and currently use) were actually Tsunami power wiring products. However, when I ordered the products(Big 3 0gauge kit, 25ft of 0gauge, 8ft of 4gauge) I was very clear that I needed the products shipped and delivered in a timely manner due to time constraints for the installation. I was assured they would be sent out within the specified timeframe. This did not happen. After waiting a few days past the "deadline" I called and inquired as to why the products I had ordered(and paid for) had not been shipped. I was told it was because they had run out of 0gauge ring terminals and were waiting for more to come in before they sent the order. I can understand this to a point, however it would have been nice to have been notified about this delay rather than being left to wonder. At that point I told them to send the order without the ring terminals(because I could get them locally) so I could get the install started. They were kind enough to comply with my request and refunded the amount of the terminals. When the products finally arrived the 4gauge was 8gauge. This really screwed up my install timeline because the two different gauge wires needed to match because the power distro was part of the amprack display in the vehickle, and the specific color/style of the 4gauge was not availible locally. I ended up using a different color 4gauge until the correct wire was delivered. It all turned out fine but it was kind of a pain in the backside. I will say that I was always able to connect directly with someone on the phone at ED and they were always very pleasant to deal with. Though not really a horror story it was clear that they were a bit disorganized.

Edited by nstaln