Sign in to follow this  
smackdaddy

Pics of 15" install

Here are some pics of my install of a 15" D2 into my 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution.

The box is covered in black vinyl over 3/8" foam so its kind of squishy :)

The sub is in a 3^ft3 sealed box.

post-25-1093022463.jpg

Edited by smackdaddy

Thanks everyone, and it does pound! OMG, does it go soooo low. For those wondering, one 15" D2 can definately blur vision at high volumes :blink:

Edited by smackdaddy

SCHWING!! Tight install dewd. I hate you dude, I have a reg cab truck so i cant have my dream sub (yours)!! no jk props on the install tho

How did you ever bring yourself to puncturing that beautiful vinyl job with the screws? :(

Very nice! I aspire to have a nice clean system sometime. For now I will have to be content with the jumble of wires in my trunk:) Once again, sweet install.

very very nice combo, must have great Sq

sq is amazing with this sub I didn't know loud bass could be so musical....

As far as racing I hold my own pretty well, the car is putting down 370 HP to all 4 wheels on pump gas. :boink:

Car pics...now :)

Oh yeah, nice install too ;)

My thoughts exactly. :) Really nice car and a really nice sub. 'can't get much better than that.

I don't have any good pics of the car right now to post, but I do have a 4 meg sub excursion video if someone would like to host it for me.....

Edited by smackdaddy

As far as racing I hold my own pretty well, the car is putting down 370 HP to all 4 wheels on pump gas.

I'm saving up for one as we speak. Figure since i'm only 16 i'll be able to get enough for the down payment and whatever by the time i'm in college. Will be able to get about 8-10k out of my maxima and I can earn about 2k over the next three summers. Should be one hell of a fun time in that evo with the mag.

I've always been a sealed box kinda guy, but I've been bored recently and thinking of porting my current box, but I'm thinking it may be a tad too small. The box is 3 cu ft now. the sub is mounted in the back of the box and I am thinking of porting it out the front of the box and into the cab. Would that mess the sound up having the sub in the trunk and the port venting into the cab through the rear armrest passthrough? BTW pics of the setup are in post one of this thread if you don't understand What I'm saying. Thanks for the suggestions in advance!

Don't even bother venting the MAg with anything less than 4 cubes. I had a 3 cube @32Hz lying around and tried one of mine in there, sounded like butt. Now sealed up, it was awesome, but I'm sure you would NOT like 3 cubes vented.

So, if I were to build a nice 4 cu ft box and port it out the front of the box through the rear armrest hole into the cab, but still have the sub mounted at the back of the box in the trunk, how would that end up with the sub and the port being on different sides of the box? Would that mess things up? Seems like I remember somewhere that for optimum results the sub and port should be on the same face of the box.

Hoping that once I go ported I'll never go back to sealed...

:djparty:

Seems like I remember somewhere that for optimum results the sub and port should be on the same face of the box.

And the survey says, YOU WIN! ;) You are correct sir. You can do the port through the arm rest, but it won't sound as good as it would with the port and the driver on the same plane...especially since one is actually firing into the cab and the other is firing into the trunk.

Seems like I remember somewhere that for optimum results the sub and port should be on the same face of the box.

And the survey says, YOU WIN! ;) You are correct sir. You can do the port through the arm rest, but it won't sound as good as it would with the port and the driver on the same plane...especially since one is actually firing into the cab and the other is firing into the trunk.

I have never been one to notice this difference in sound, so correct me if I am wrong here, but once the front wave reflects off the trunk would it not be 180* out? Therefore it would be the same phase as the rear wave or port so there shouldn't be any problems other than the wave being longer which means what?

School me master! :D