Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

sundown 3000 watt how many runs of 0 gauge?

topic says it all. i have a 3000 watt sundown, how mnay runs of 0 gauge should i make, i have one run now. ill run up to 3 runs of need be

i have 3 yellow tops and 2 bl 15's

I'd say for everything your running, 2 would work. I might do 3 to be safe to make sure the current is there.

Where in Texas are ya? I'm round the Dallas area.

I'd say for everything your running, 2 would work. I might do 3 to be safe to make sure the current is there.

Where in Texas are ya? I'm round the Dallas area.

so you have read everything in my set up some where else im guessing"?

i was thinking 2 my self

im just south of austin!, i have a good friend in haltom city?????

i dono i never go that way i work alot

i'm assuming your batts are within a few ft of that amp?

If it is close, for every extra run that close, you're probably only gonna see 0.1 -0.2 volt increase per pair.

So, if you got 1, add one more to half voltage drop, to half again, you need 2 more runs, that's gettin pretty thick.

i'm assuming your batts are within a few ft of that amp?

If it is close, for every extra run that close, you're probably only gonna see 0.1 -0.2 volt increase per pair.

So, if you got 1, add one more to half voltage drop, to half again, you need 2 more runs, that's gettin pretty thick.

ok i have 2 yellow tops withen 3 feet of the amps... and another one at the front of the car.18 ft away.

I'd do a single run from the alternator to each battery. Add a buss bar to link them all together and then go right to the amp.

That'd be awesome power.

I'd do a single run from the alternator to each battery. Add a buss bar to link them all together and then go right to the amp.

That'd be awesome power.

holly crap,... well i would have to do alot of work! and some custom stuff to my alt,. not i have 2 4 gauge wires running from the alt to the front batt, then 1 zero to the back 2, then 0 gauge wired to both batts and then a 0 gauge to my amp.

i dont even know i would get 3 0 gauge wires on my alt!

i thought about gettin copper strap and wire the batts togather that way.

Well, here's some basic info that the good ol' Calculator says -

The following is based upon 300A worth of current.

18ft run using 1 1/0 wire -

1.09 voltage drop

18ft run using 1 3/0 wire -

0.686 voltage drop

18ft run using 2 1/0 wires -

0.545 voltage drop

I didn't wanna run more than 1 1/0 wire in my new car from front batt to rear so i went ahead and bought Stinger's new 3/0 wire. I got it ran but havent got the batts yet so i dont know how many ft i'm actually gonna be using. the way i got it hidden probably gonna need the whole 20ft in my car.

3ft runs with 300A current draw -

1/0 wire - 0.182 voltage drop

3/0 wire - 0.114 voltage drop

2 1/0 wires - 0.091 voltage drop

am i reading that wrong? or am i better off running 2 1/0?

i seen that new wire at ces. where did ya get it and how much did it do you in?

thanks

20ft run cost about $165.

Yes, you read that right.

Reason - 1/0 wire has 4,xxx strands; 3/0 wire has 6,xxx strands. 2 1/0 wires has 8,xxx strands.

So why buy 3/0? it's smaller therefore can fit in tighter places.

Oops, forgot to tell ya where i got it at, got it at darvex.com

Edited by shizzzon

20ft run cost about $165.

Yes, you read that right.

Reason - 1/0 wire has 4,xxx strands; 3/0 wire has 6,xxx strands. 2 1/0 wires has 8,xxx strands.

So why buy 3/0? it's smaller therefore can fit in tighter places.

Oops, forgot to tell ya where i got it at, got it at darvex.com

i dig it... thanks man

Put this in the appropriate forum please.

i posted it in the stereo integrity crap mang i cant spell

:WTFBubble: BigJon, Dont tell me you went and bought a SAZ3000D and didnt call the guy that put you on to them!?!?! Raymond Farmer, remember me!!! :banhim: Just joking!!! Glad to see you took my advice, even though you didnt let me know!!! fing05.gif

:WTFBubble: BigJon, Dont tell me you went and bought a SAZ3000D and didnt call the guy that put you on to them!?!?! Raymond Farmer, remember me!!! :banhim: Just joking!!! Glad to see you took my advice, even though you didnt let me know!!! fing05.gif

yeah ray whats going on brother! yeah i took your advice and happy i did!.. i was gonna buy yours but i didnt wanna take your new one for your personal car!....... and i never called you to let ya know cause your a super nice guy ray and i feel like im bothering you when i ring ya up!

my goliath is still at repair! thay told you me you have a couple amps there at the moment aswell! very nice people at CIA.

ray let me know if your gonna sell any of your old sundown amps, scratchs what ever.. i know you will do me right.. so let me know and ill send ya some more bank!

i would love another 3000 watt to add this summer, im either gonna sell me 15 bls and pick up some btl's maybe even bump up to some 18's

good seeing you ray!

Edited by bigjon

Ya wanna take my advice again!?!? Wait for the NightShade :angry2: !!! Nuff said!! And dont worry about calling me! You can holla at me, no problem. Except when I am chilling with the Mrs. :D

Ya wanna take my advice again!?!? Wait for the NightShade :angry2: !!! Nuff said!! And dont worry about calling me! You can holla at me, no problem. Except when I am chilling with the Mrs. :D

cool ray thanks ill keep that in mind about calling you..

i had spoke with jacob about the nightshades..... and i am intrested, but WOW on the price. maybe thay will come down alittle, i cant wait to see some vid on them,. are you running any at this time?

how many runs of 0 gauge do you think ray. im leaning with 2 runs at this time.

bigjon,

just a thought here... but you could do run 2 runs of Knuconceptz collosus 1/0 for less than a run of 3/0 stinger. And the Collosus is actually 2/0....

just food for thought, I'm leaning towards that route...

bigjon,

just a thought here... but you could do run 2 runs of Knuconceptz collosus 1/0 for less than a run of 3/0 stinger. And the Collosus is actually 2/0....

just food for thought, I'm leaning towards that route...

the first ran i made i ordered 30 foot 0 gauge red and 15 foot 0 gauge of blue.. from two diffrent places. i got the red it was a 0 gauge,, but when i got the blue, it was thicker... the inside wire was much bigger.. but the over all size of the insulation was thiner.... either way oi had to buy 2/0 ends for the blue, and 1/0 ends for the red.......

messed with my head... im gonna make another run of the red, and see what it do!

1.09 voltage drop

0.686 voltage drop

0.545 voltage drop

I didn't wanna run more than 1 1/0 wire in my new car from front batt to rear so i went ahead and bought Stinger's new 3/0 wire. I got it ran but havent got the batts yet so i dont know how many ft i'm actually gonna be using. the way i got it hidden probably gonna need the whole 20ft in my car.

How did you figure this?

To the Topic starter:

1 run of 1/0 connecting front batteries to back will be fine. 1 run meaning, 1 positive and 1 negative.

VS money you'll spend on the extra, wont really help you, in your situation.

Edited by ford302redneck

1.09 voltage drop

0.686 voltage drop

0.545 voltage drop

How did you figure this?

To the Topic starter:

1 run of 1/0 connecting front batteries to back will be fine. 1 run meaning, 1 positive and 1 negative.

VS money you'll spend on the extra, wont really help you, in your situation.

well i may have to think about that, currently i have the one run of 0 gauge for the + and i have 2 runns of 2/0 gauge ground in the rear on the frame. and the big three , and im running hard, and its giveing me nothing but power mad mad power to my subs, i guess i should do a run of - to the front. i guess it wont hurt

Just wondering, how do you run more then one run of 1/0 to the amp? Doesn't it only have one set of terminals? A distro block?

Thanks!

-Trevor

Just wondering, how do you run more then one run of 1/0 to the amp? Doesn't it only have one set of terminals? A distro block?

Thanks!

-Trevor

we were talking about runs from the front cells to the rear cells.

Oh got it. And the cells are connected with ring terminals?

are you messing with me????

yeah thers a ring term, then wire, and then another ring term......... you have 237 post..... u must be messing with me

Sign in to follow this