vladd

1911 pictures

ok well i don't have any good pics of how she started her life, so here's what the pic from springfield shows her as...

1PW9151LP.gif

first thing i did was lose the grips and get a different trigger.

this shows just how badly the old sights sucked...

DSC00839.jpg

The very same. i'll upload a pic of the bullet too

Hmm...I've been thinking about trading my XD-40 Tactical for one of these. If you've had any experience with the XD, what are the pros and cons b/w these two guns?

And what happened with the gun and your arm?

Edited by Captain Kev

gun and arm...i plead the 5th

my roomie has the subcompact xd-40 and my ex roommate has the larger in a 9mm, not sure if it's a tactical or the other size (service?). i really don't like xd's. the 1911 is a completely different gun too. their xd's are as accurate as they need to be but can't come close to the 1911. The 1911 has a trigger that makes me pop a boner and the xd has one designed for tactical shooting where you need a lot of take-up and a heavier trigger. I have small hands so the 1911 fits my hand extremely well, the xd 9mm feels a little large for my hands.

other than that don't get me wrong, the xd is a great gun, but a completely different gun than the 1911. not to mention i can constantly upgrade my 1911 and there isn't much of anything you can do to an xd.

that being said both the xd owners love my 1911(i think more than their xds but they won't admit it) and both want one but won't spend the money on one.

how's the rubber staying in those grips? personally, i like the look of 'em, but have read many a review where the rubber/wood just doesn't stay together very well.

otherwise looking good. that magwell really finishs the grip area. can't really tell from the pic, but do i spy a fiber optic front?

looking good.....and i say we need the story behind that ball ammo ending up in your arm.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the rubber/wood stays together fine, my biggest gripe is that the frontstrap moves a little when shooting. this could be solved with a tiny strip of double sided tape but i plan on switching to horned lizards soon so no point.

yep the front sight is fiber optic, going sunday to shoot her and see how much easier these sights are to pick up.

there is a newer sight on the market i want to try for the glock....not adjustable, but has a different style tot he inserts. looks badass in the magazine, lol..

anyway, tomorrow after work, i go gun shopping!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

tomorrow for me as well. i'm all extracited

any luck? there were a few things at the gun show that had me peaked, but i forgo all of them. a ak-74 (yes, 74. it's a 5.45, not 7.62), a charles daly 1911 commamder size (nib w 4 mags for $550. that price scared me.. awful cheap) and a french MAS in .308. glad i passed on the MAS, as i read later the .308s are all conversions and might not be safe as the .308 produces quite a bit more pressure then the 7.45(IIRC) that the gun was originally chambered for.

as of now, looking at a llama micro in .45 that's a double stack and a ruger mkII with a corbay barrel. both under $400, might just pass on them as well.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

didn't manage to make it out, lack of money and time ATM. state taxes should arrive sometime this week though.

1911's are nice as hell my uncle had 2 sold his Kimber kept his Springfield. When they were first made they didn't have the thumb safety so they remade them for the soldiers yea i didn't read what yal were saying lol i just seen the 1911 but nice guns a bit pricey but worth it