Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

Lanzar Opti6000D + 3 Fi BL 10s

How loud will his be, haha.

No but seriously -

I was considering purchasing the 6000D because i can get one for only $100 more than the 4000D. I was going to use the 4000D for these 3 10s but hey, why not go with this one, you know?

I am not going to deliver that much power to these subs, that is the point to this topic because i will not have the battery power to support the 6000ds potential.

The question pertains to the BL's cooling option-

Fi says as long as you do not burp the subs then the cooling option is fine for daily. I am planning on setting the amp up to output a real 4,500w(peak spikes) as if i were to have no voltage loss. Sometimes i show off setups using bass tracks and it makes me wonder if i should avoid the cooling option... but if i do, will i not be able to use this much power?

nevermind on this post.

I found a link to a test review of this amp done at 14.4v and at 12.6v.

Manuf rating -

3000w@4ohm

4000w@2ohm

6000w@1ohm

actual test at 14.4v-

2176w@4ohm

3617w@2ohm

4802w@1ohm

actual test at 12.6v-

1638w@4ohm

2704w@2ohm

3894w@1ohm

Cost - $999 shipped.

Depending on my electrical system strength will determine if i need any more options for the BLs.

I was looking into the sundown 3000D but for the price, this 6000d seems to just tackle the 3000d if you got a hefty electrical system and just barely if you do not.

Why not just save a little more money, and get a HO alt., then get the amp. Then you know you have the electrical to support it.

IMO, Id still get a Sundown 3000d.

The Lanzer may outperform it by a little, but I bet the current vs. power isn't really worth it.

efficiency at 2ohm is 74.5%. I think sundowns is in the mid 80s?

Of course i'm gettin a Ho alt, hehe.

300A iraggi, HC1800 and HC2400 in the rear. I might go with another HC2400 in the rear in the future if i want more...

ok basically according to tests-

2ohm -

Lanzar does about 2700w and sundown does about 2500w.

Factor in efficiency, Lanzar is pulling about 35 extra amps just to get another 200w to me.

Now, that 2700w of power is at 12.6v. I dont know how high or low my voltage will be until everything is hooked up obviously, but with the power and capacity of the alt and batteries is makin me wonder if my voltage will be higher...

Because if it can stay above 12.6v then the Lanzar will output more power.

Even though it might only do 2700w at 12.6, at 14.4 it does 3,600w. Now, i know my voltage wont be that high but still a debate.

I'm gonna continue researching other amps for around the same price and see what i come up with.

In the end, if i can't find anything, i might go with the Sundown after all IF i can get it for the price of the Lanzar.

Sign in to follow this