Sign in to follow this  
djjdnap

Whats some good Cardio

Just looking for some ideas..

So far I've found that comcast has Tae Boe and some other exercise programs that are pretty cool.

One is called booty beat, lol, i guess they try to teach girls how to dance and exercise at the same time, lol

Also i bought a weighted jump rope but i've been makin excuses because its cold outside.

Never been much of a jogging type, it always feels like people are staring :peepwall: , lol.

really just trying to find something I can do and see results to get my abs back, lol, i know they're there just under this flab, lol

I'll swear by the StairMaster until the day I die.

I use the elliptical / pre-core / stationary bike machines the most, when in the gym.

bike b]

I think this is the most important part of the intire thread for the OP.

If you don't want peopel to stare( beleive me I grew up in the hood, and I go mad teased "run forest" was heard everyday), then get a stand for the house or stationary version.

Pedaling FTW if you ask me, it's all about KISS with cardio.

Pick up soccer or ultimate frisbee. Plenty of cardio. ;)

I use the elliptical / pre-core / stationary bike machines the most, when in the gym.

i dont care who you are, you just cant look manly on one of these things..lol not to mention the machine kicks my ass in about 5 minutes..lol

Edited by denalilvr

I have to use them due to knee reconstruction. The impact of the treadmill is too much for daily. :(

I have to use them due to knee reconstruction. The impact of the treadmill is too much for daily. :(

they are one of the best ways to build up your endurance..i see people doing those for 30 minutes+ without stopping..i gotta tip my hat off to them..

I love the newer model where you can set a calorie gain. Some days I go for slow burn, others 80% charge forward.

You guys think the elipticals are tougher than jogging or biking?

I feel the opposite I could use the elyptical on the harder settings for like 2 hours compaired with interval bike training that I could only do for like 90 min.

really just trying to find something I can do and see results to get my abs back, lol, i know they're there just under this flab, lol

Abs are made in the kitchen. ;)

load up on brown rice and chicken and rub Preparation H on your ab area before doing cardio

I am starting the pool and on weekdays after work will be pool and stationary bike.........I cannot run *free or treadmill) as my knee is pretty much fucked for that. This of course sucks, beacuse the inability to run through the pain in my kneee keeps me on profile, and prohibits me from attending classes such as Air Assault

J

basketball has kept me in shape through college. Then all I have to do to get my 6-pack is do about 5 minutes of ab work when I get home and before I shower. After about 2 weeks of doing this 3-4 times a week I can see the definition. But sometimes my motivation wanes and I stop doing the ab thing for a few months at a time and my definition leaves. But I think basketball keeps me right on the edge.

abs are made in the kitchen *2

expand on that? Do you mean you just have to eat right?

abs are made in the kitchen *2

expand on that? Do you mean you just have to eat right?

I believe he means low fat low carbs diet...........basically nothing "bad for you" just all healthy shit.

No amt of cardio while eating tons of pizza and soda will get u abs

J

I stand by the jump rope. Nothing else. Always.

There you go! The king of "cardio" right there.

Lifting weights is even better.

i think i need to go to my old high school and go back to the wrestling room and work out wt the heat on hell...

I swear u lose about 8lb's easy, but its all water so it comes right back after u eat...

jump rope mang.

we also have a circuit course if you're really motivated that we do in the marines.

its about a 3mile course. put simply, run for 5mins, stop and do pull ups. run for 5 mins stop and do crunches. run for 5 mins stop and do mountain climbers. run for 5...

you get the picture...

sounds like 2 a days, lol

well i have actually lost about 10lb's just from drinkin water

I bought a new bike a couple months ago and got a computer with it. I should be at 500 miles by the end of the week. I havn't really lost much weight (i'm obese), but I have what I think very good tone in my calf muscles and my arms are really starting to get the tone back I had going to the gym over a year ago. My endurance has gone WAY up in this short time. I really do need to change my eating habits though so I see better improvement and faster.

BTW, for you bike guys it's a Trek 4300 and I love it, my last bike was a 3900, lovin the treks.

I bought a new bike a couple months ago and got a computer with it. I should be at 500 miles by the end of the week. I havn't really lost much weight (i'm obese), but I have what I think very good tone in my calf muscles and my arms are really starting to get the tone back I had going to the gym over a year ago. My endurance has gone WAY up in this short time. I really do need to change my eating habits though so I see better improvement and faster.

BTW, for you bike guys it's a Trek 4300 and I love it, my last bike was a 3900, lovin the treks.

Thats great dude. Keep it up. And yea it does matter a lot what you eat, when you eat, how often you eat, and how much you eat. Stay on it, stay focused, and you will be healthy very quick

I wish I had the chance to swim more. It would improve my cardio and work on the smaller muscle groups.