///M5

Time for a home gym

Wow, very cool.

I wish I could have seen this thread earlier. I would have recommended buying a jump rope...

Hmmm, them things look familiar....

I wish I could have seen this thread earlier. I would have recommended buying a jump rope...

I am too tall to use one inside.

I am too tall to use one inside.

Raise the roof to get 16' ceilings? :P

It's a little late, but I would have to say an ergometer (rowing machine) is a good choice for taller people. Rowing is low impact, and an excellent whole body cardiovascular exercise. It also strengthens the lower back and core if you do it properly. My father is 6'8" and he has ALWAYS had back troubles having worked manual labor his whole life. After my mother passed away he took up whaleboat rowing out on the bay with the embarcadero rowing club. It's really helped him with his bad back and overall strength/fitness which he needs as a general contractor. I'd say minute for minute there's not a much harder exercise than erging. With a 30-40 stroke cadence you hit your vo2 max really fast. if you look at the extreme total body workout programs like Crossfit's they always incorporate rowing to some extent. Crossfit is an awesome resource, that's a whole 'nother thread though.