what would be a good choice for an amp for type r. im not to sure what im going to go with yet. either two 12"s or one 15". any suggestions?

thanks.

What coil config? What budget? what electrical? what box?

Thanks for giving us some info to work with..

budget is only a few hundred.

im probably going to use 4 guage wire.

if i got 2 12's id have an aeroported box. if i got the 15, id have a ported box. soory, i dont know the specs on the box. forgot to ask my friends what they were.

as for coil config, im not sure.

sorry. im a bit of a noob, when it comes to this stuff.

but im trying to learn.

:cookiemonster: Edited by bigjon

how about both of you stop being dicks? He's here asking honest questions and explained that he's a noob and doesn't know everything but willing to learn. we weren't all born with this divine knowledge that you have.

to the OP, why type Rs? on this forum you won't find much love for them. But if you're set on them we'll need to know for sure how many you'll be running. What vehicle will they be going in, will it be in the trunk, and roughly what size box you could fit. measure length width and height and be sure to leave room to get the box in your trunk.

once we get these questions answered we can move on and start looking at amp options or hopefully rethink your sub choice.

you are gonna need to make a choice as well. 2 12s or 1 15, that's 2 different amp setups as well.

Another thing is, where are you buying these subs?

Online, private seller, audio shop?

you say you have a budget of a few hundred. what all does this budget cover? hopefully it doesn't include the subs if buying new.

No disrespect but i hate to try and help people point them in the direction just to fit the bill rather than fit the proper setup.

I've had too many personal experiences of people saying $2K for that? i can do lot better with different equipment... sadly, nobody i know personally in educated in car audio at all and all come back to me for help.

So, if you are just a basshead and are envying bass, make sure that you got the money before buying a setup that just comes on and makes sound.

Having been through so much crap that isn't my fault such as theft and learning a LOT by researching online, i can tell you this-

Your budget won't cover sound deadening. If your equipment is ever stolen, you better talk with your insurance company beforehand to see what you must do to make sure your aftermarket equipment is covered.

Do your research before taking our advice and run.

I'd buy two 12" type r's if that is the sub you want and get a 1000 watt rms amp from any company you can trust: alpine, rockford, kicker, or whoever? But don't get those subs if your not looking to spend alot of money -buy cheaper subs and around 500 rms watt amp and it will be a good starter system-and it won't be as hard on your electrical system.

how about both of you stop being dicks? He's here asking honest questions and explained that he's a noob and doesn't know everything but willing to learn. we weren't all born with this divine knowledge that you have.

He confessed to being a noob after my post. Giving people who want to help a little more information is not a crime and its why we have a new sticky being prepared.

Common etiquette on the internet is to give as much information as possible. Chill.

If you are on a tight budget i'd suggest you go with some Kicker CVR's instead of the Alpine type R's. They're alot cheaper and sound great. Look on eBay for the best deals on them...