Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

200w x 4 @4ohm

I have scoured the internet last week and found nothing that can do this for real...

I only found one amp, can't remember the amp but definitely could not do 200w x 4 @4ohm with a 60A fuse...

I am trying to find an amp that can do 200w x 4 @4ohm so i do not have to get 2 amps that can do 200wx2 @ 4ohm. It's a space issue.

Anybody know of such?

And i do not plan on getting the 15K rockford amp.

Edited by shizzzon

I thought Kicker had a ZX amp that could do this...I know a PG MS1000 can do it, easily :)

That'd be a beastly amp for an active front stage.

Holy God, JimJ, hehe, that ms1000 is a beast! However, even if i could get one new(used one goin for over $1K), the amp is extremely too long for my application, 1 inch shy of 3ft!

Those ZX amps... they don't. Their largest one the 850.4, i don't know the 4ohm rating but 2ohm is 215x4 so i know the 4ohm is lower, it may be close but no cigar, hehe.

I may be forced to just use 150x4s. I really like the new JLaudio HD600/4 if i can get it for a decent price when they come out. It retails for $799 when they come out. I also have the choice of goin with Alpine's PDX. These are my fallback options.

PG Xenon 200.4

If you find 2, buy me one.

it's funny that PG seemed to have satisfied my needs in the past...

Nope, everyone i checked out its out of stock.. PG's site is owned by someone else now? rodinaudio.com? Therefore anything in the past they had is long gone.

The Rockford references including the T15004, RF no longer offers that on their website.

The Memphis 5004 is not powerful enough. The Kicker SX is no longer offered, the ZX is 175x4 as stated before, just shy of the rating. The main problem with this amp though is it's still to long. I'm tryin to find one that can do this 19" long or shorter.

That 175x4 is underrated, just like all kicker specs.

25 watts isnt going to make a hint of difference in sound or loudness.

i know it really isn't, that's why i said main issue with that amp is size. though, it is smaller than PG's older amps, it's still too long. It's not my fault i'm being picky, :) , i'm just seeing if my application is possible.

Pretty much have to look at used. What drivers are you powering with this?

well, if i can find an amp small enough to fit, i like to power the jbl C608GTI MKII up front with just a couple midbass drivers in the back. Been lookin at Digital Designs driver for that.

As a fallback option, i could just go with Alpine's PDX amp and their type X components up front and DD's midbass in rear.

PDX will be your best option.

There is nothing out there that can touch it for size to output power.

Plus they are stackable, so you will only take up 11" of width if you choose to use multiples