Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

The Mag is here.

Do some research or just read the whole thread. That question has been asked a thousand times already.

If this was mentioned, I apologize. I read the whole thread but I missed it if it was there...

The 1 cube that is recommended for this woofer, is that before or after displacement?

After, you can rest assured all enclosure recommendations are net volumes.

And for clarification, all Mags will be Dual 2 ohm only and 12"D.

I suppose I should start another thread and sticky it and lock it with the information on the new Mag's. I think the problem is there are too many threads about the Mag and people hop in and don't read the other threads. Good, consider it done. Now, wasn't that a good talk? I think so. ;)

Damn, that's a small box. I was pretty set on getting a pair of Q's. Can anyone that is NOT biased convince me that I should get Mag's instead... but that's if the new ones will be out in the very near future....

I don't know how anyone can convince you other than based on SI's reputation with previous products. The new driver is not out yet, so nobody has experience with it or can do comparisons.

A general question about the new Mag...

(I may have missed this earlier though)

The recommended 1 cu. ft. (or 0.8 cu. ft. with polyfill) is that before or after driver displacement?

would u guys recommend a smaller enclosure than 1.5 cubes for ported? if so, would there be a audible difference?

Most likely the response would get peakier...

Stupid question but since the mag and the bm use the same Xbl^2 motor.

Do they have the same efficiency? or is one more efficient than another...

They don't use the same motor. They use the same motor topology (XBL^2), but the motors are different. The motor and all moving parts, along with enclosure will be the determining factor for efficiency, not just the motor.

The BM is technically more efficient from the 1w/1m standpoint, but not by much. The BM and the Mag are both inefficient on the 1w/1m front, but they are efficient when it comes to output (read the paper on subwoofer efficiency on our technical web page). The new Mag and new BM are both a LOT more efficient than the previous models regarding output from small sealed boxes.

Ohh ok. I'm asking because the BM is only going to be dual 4 and the mag only dual 2.

Am planning a 1 sub system and was wondering which to choose:

- new BM with 400rms sealed (0.5 to 1.0cuft)

or

- new Mag with 650rms sealed (1.0cuft)

My system consist of:

CD7000

Focal 165K3P upfront bi-amped (TN52 replaced by Brax Matrix 1.1)

Milbert Bam 230ab for Mids and Tweets

Audison LRx3.1k for Midbasses and Subs

Wiring: Comps - Totem Acoustics Tress // Subs - Van Den Hul The Magnum Hybrid // Comps RCAs - Van Den Hul The Integration // Subs RCA - Tara Labs RSC Sub