Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

The Mag is here.

Well I've kept you all in suspense long enough. However, I am NOT going to post a side-shot of the Mag because we are changing the basket color and something else. The picture below is NOT of the final driver - the gasket is going to be re-done so it matches up better with the surround. As you can see, there is a gap. The gap will be fixed.

So, without typing everything all over again I'm going to paste what I just sent my reps:

I got the driver hooked up in 1.2 cubes in the Civic tonight!!! It

First!

very, very sexy sub Nick

hope to hear one someday

technically I was first, b/c i got called and emailed before this so :P

Can't wait to hear it :)

ps You guys should have heard the excitement in nicks voice when he called

I suppose I can go ahead and leak that the new Mag's are going to be below $275 direct. :) ...shipped. :D

Ding Ding Ding, I Think we have a winner. VERY STRONG possibility for my new driver. :lickscreen:

Do you have any other pics, like of the basket, mounting depth, and motor/magnet assembly? What is the RMS for a 15"? Do the older models handle more power and are they more durable? I heard you sacrificed power handling for superb SQ, is this true, or will this be an upgrade from the previous model?

Do you have any other pics, like of the basket, mounting depth, and motor/magnet assembly? What is the RMS for a 15"? Do the older models handle more power and are they more durable? I heard you sacrificed power handling for superb SQ, is this true, or will this be an upgrade from the previous model?

I don't mean to sound negative, but read the other posts about the Mag. :) The other posts answer all your questions.

There will be no 15 inch version. The older models handle more power. The older models aren't any more durable, but they handle more power (i.e. over 1000 watts RMS). I have sacrificed power handling for superb SQ, and it's worth every penny!!! And this is an upgrade from the current model.

PS: as the original post states, only this one pic for now. :)

no offense but i'll hold my thoughts til i can see some more of it. it looks like a pic of just a normal speaker to me.

Price looks great, your review sounds great, i'll buy some, just dont have many comments as to the posted pic lol

Glad to hear that all is going well with the prototype - that means we won't have to wait as long for the production version. =)

Also that price sounds simply awesome. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

$275 shipped!!! (well, sucks to live in hawaii :madrofl: ). But, I gotta ask, what's the point of the BMs with the Mags priced so low? BMs gotta be in the $150-200 shipped range to be considered over the Mag. When I thought the Mags would stay at the $450 range, I was considering either a single Mag or a pair of BMs, but now, it's either a single Mag or a pair of Mags.

wow for that price...i may just have to reconsider my next purchase since i am looking for a solid SQ driver...i like my Brahma but i kinda want to do a HT thing with it..........or how would the new Mag work in a home enviroment? with lets say a 300 watt plate big enclosure, possibly PRs? or IB situation? i love the idea of IB but don't know the specs...

Edited by todd.brust

Haha, you get me that girl in your avatar and I'll drive out to AZ for a personal demo! ;)

unfortunately I haven't a clue who she is :(

Not going to do the dealer thing again? Thank god.

How about some 18's? Just kidding.

Can't wait for them to be released. It'll be nice to replace that ported RE8........................

nick, driver sounds amazing.

no 15's though? i was thinking a pair IB would be fantastic. i have some IDQ15's as it stands and 1kw for them... but as i was reading i was thinking a pair of mags wouild be real nice.

is IB even an option?

and why no 15s?

:suicide-santa:

I will continue to wait until you post some feedback with some real power. I need to know if it will be able to take 750-1Kw daily. If not, then I will stick to the old Mag. Sux that no 15's will be released.

I will continue to wait until you post some feedback with some real power. I need to know if it will be able to take 750-1Kw daily. If not, then I will stick to the old Mag. Sux that no 15's will be released.

It's been stated several times, and 1K will be no problem.

For the few of you who are wanting 15s, multiply that number tenfold and that is the number of people who buy 12s. You can easily see the business decision here.