Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

The Mag is here.

Hey Nick,

Did you have the chance yet to test those songs I send you?

...I am really curious on how the new Mag's perform with those tracks (and musicstyle)!

Regards...

i didn't see it in the thread you linked. What's mounting depth on this?

Is there any chance this will eventually be available in a d4?

i didn't see it in the thread you linked. What's mounting depth on this?

Is there any chance this will eventually be available in a d4?

No, D2s only

i'm sorry jacob if you are reading, but im gonna use this sub for the lincoln...it sounds very very promising and perfect for the room im going to use

ill put the sd1v2's in the benz :)

It's all good :)

Hey Nick,

Did you have the chance yet to test those songs I send you?

...I am really curious on how the new Mag's perform with those tracks (and musicstyle)!

Regards...

I guess you have overlooked this message Nick.

Please tell me, how did the songs perform? :)

Regards...

Haha, I didn't overlook it. :) Sorry for not responding to it yet. I was gone for the past 4 days and haven't had the time to burn the CD. I did get the recordings though. I'll burn the CD and take a listen before this coming weekend.

Haha, I didn't overlook it. :) Sorry for not responding to it yet. I was gone for the past 4 days and haven't had the time to burn the CD. I did get the recordings though. I'll burn the CD and take a listen before this coming weekend.

I need to hear that Mag again. What we need to do is at least hook an SAE-1000D to it!

Great thanks... Sorry if I sounded impatient. :)

I need to hear that Mag again. What we need to do is at least hook an SAE-1000D to it!

/offtopic here

Hi Jacob,

Your Dutch distributor emailed me 2 weeks ago or something. And I have ordered 2x SAZ-1500D and 1x SAX-100.4!

I am really anxious to see what they are able to do. :)

I also ordered two new Kinetik batteries (2x HC1800) to replace my single Optima Yellow Top. Just to make sure. Though it will take a long time before everything will be build in. Still waiting for my new CDT ES componentset and of course awaiting the new Mags. :D

I think you will be very pleased with the 1500Ds and 100.4 when combined with the CDT comp set and, of course, the new Mags when they are available :)

I think you will be very pleased with the 1500Ds and 100.4 when combined with the CDT comp set and, of course, the new Mags when they are available :)

Good to hear that. :)

IMO, Nick has created one of the best sounding subs I've heard to date with the new Mag. If SQ is what you want, you've got it and it'll be worth the wait.

IMO, Nick has created one of the best sounding subs I've heard to date with the new Mag. If SQ is what you want, you've got it and it'll be worth the wait.

Don't make me any more curious than I already am!! ;)

Well I indeed prefer SQ and good output, so I guess I am in the LSQ league. But I am going to order 3 of these Mag's. The two SoundSplinter RL-p 12" subwoofers didn't do what I thought they would. I want something back which sounded like the first RE XXX series (Mk I). I had 2 of those and damn they were perfect. Unfortunately I sold them and the newer version are way to expensive for me. And other than that, they are to big to fit in my trunk anyways... :S

I know you'll be satisfied with the SAZ's and the Mag's. Right now the Mag has been powered with just the rear channels of a SAZ-100.4 for lisening tests. :) But like Jake said, we'll use a 1000D on it this weekend. The SAZ line is the most performance-packed amplifier line I've ever dealt with. I'll be running complete SAZ amps in the Civic when it's all said and done. I don't know if I'll be using 1500's or a 3000 yet though. It all depends if I go two Mag's or four BM's.

I know you'll be satisfied with the SAZ's and the Mag's. Right now the Mag has been powered with just the rear channels of a SAZ-100.4 for lisening tests. :) But like Jake said, we'll use a 1000D on it this weekend. The SAZ line is the most performance-packed amplifier line I've ever dealt with. I'll be running complete SAZ amps in the Civic when it's all said and done. I don't know if I'll be using 1500's or a 3000 yet though. It all depends if I go two Mag's or four BM's.

I am really curious how the new Mag will perform on my sonds and more power. :D

Regards

Hey Nick, are you ever going to make component sets again?

this may have been stated allready, but i heared the new mag is xbl^2 driven is that true? if so i may have to get one just for that fact.

this may have been stated allready, but i heared the new mag is xbl^2 driven is that true? if so i may have to get one just for that fact.

Yes, you heard correctly :)

Here's my plan when money is available (which, sadly, is not)

Current system: Mustang: Current Mag, SAE-1000D, Rav4: Stock

Step 1: Buy a new Mag and and put it in the Mustang and set aside the old Mag.

Step 2: Buy another SAE-1000D and hook that up to the old Mag and install it in the Rav4.

Step 3: Buy another new Mag, pair it with the Mag in the Mustang and strap the two SAE-1000D, Rav4 waits for Step 4.

Step 4: Buy a SAZ-1500D for the Rav4.

What I want in by this time next year: Mustang (2)New Mags, (2)SAE-1000D strapped, Rav4: Old Mag, SAZ-1500D. Then I should be done with subs, So no more Mag upgrades okay.

When can we expect the sub to be open to the public? I'm dying to get one. Thanks

If all goes well, hopefully the new Mag's will be released this spring.

man, with all the new toys, i will never be able to quit my second job.... but man o man, i cant wait for this sub. i was thinking to myself that i need a smaller sub for my ranger. and then you step up and answer my request. thanks man fing05.gif

HHawk, check your PM's. I burned the tracks last night and have listened to them all about 5-6 times over. :)

Great! I have sent you a reply as well. :)

Will there be a Dual 4 version of the new 12" Mag? I have a Zapco 500.1 (500w @ 2ohms) and would love to try out this new sub. I see the BM fits the bill for my requirements, but how is the SQ of this sub compared to the Mag and Rainbow 12" which is considered very good SQ as well??

Edited by crea78