bigjae1976

Havoc vrs Fi Q comparison

this is really a good review and really helps me in deciding w/c one to buy.

Q: havocs tend to be better as said from previous post, but as i understand it, its on a sealed enclosure for both... if both was on a ported enclosure, would the havocs still tend to be better?

or is it that the havocs tends to sound better and respond better in sealed enclosures but wether sealed or ported havocs hands down?l

jblack ^ up there had both the q's and havocs in ported box.

I love my Havoc 15s, by far the most musical, yet brutally pounding subs I've owned. I've heard a buddies Fi Q setup and it sounds great but at the end of the day I think the Havocs really do have a better low end presence, as you noticed too.

this is really a good review and really helps me in deciding w/c one to buy.

Q: havocs tend to be better as said from previous post, but as i understand it, its on a sealed enclosure for both... if both was on a ported enclosure, would the havocs still tend to be better?

or is it that the havocs tends to sound better and respond better in sealed enclosures but wether sealed or ported havocs hands down?l

Both subs perform very well in a ported and sealed box. I had both the Q and Havoc in both sealed and ported boxes.

A Havoc in a ported box tuned low really takes advantage of the low end presence. But not everyone will want to go that route.

Both work very well in sealed boxes. I think the Havoc would also work better in smaller sealed boxes than the Q. The good thing is that you really don't lose much with a sealed box over a ported one on the meter if that's important. About a 2 db difference on a TL in the kick.

I also think that the Havoc will give you more flexibility with enclosure size.

how much do the aa havoc 12's cost and where can i get them i checked out their website with no luck for prices or ordering i've been comparing fi q's to other sq woofers with decent output for months ssa icon vs fi q vs aq hdc3 vs aa havoc and it seems my choice is down to the aa havoc and the fi q's this is all for a triple 12 inch application bein powered by a crunch gp3000 pro amp which is underrated i currently have 3 fusion nv subwoofers which are nice and sound good but are missing to many lows in its sealed application and i dont wish to make a ported box for them because they require a lil of 3 cubic feet per woofer ported and that'd box would be huge since i have 3 where as the q's only need 1.8 to 2.5 cubic feet per woofer which i could use my current box and just port it and it would work perfect for that range but i really want to know the price of the havocs to see if they're work getting since the 2 are so close in comparison please respond quickly it'd be much appreciated

how much do the aa havoc 12's cost and where can i get them i checked out their website with no luck for prices or ordering i've been comparing fi q's to other sq woofers with decent output for months ssa icon vs fi q vs aq hdc3 vs aa havoc and it seems my choice is down to the aa havoc and the fi q's this is all for a triple 12 inch application bein powered by a crunch gp3000 pro amp which is underrated i currently have 3 fusion nv subwoofers which are nice and sound good but are missing to many lows in its sealed application and i dont wish to make a ported box for them because they require a lil of 3 cubic feet per woofer ported and that'd box would be huge since i have 3 where as the q's only need 1.8 to 2.5 cubic feet per woofer which i could use my current box and just port it and it would work perfect for that range but i really want to know the price of the havocs to see if they're work getting since the 2 are so close in comparison please respond quickly it'd be much appreciated

Please attempt to use punctuation next time. Please don't drag up year-old threads, either.

You have to contact one of their dealers. http://www.ascendantaudio.com/contact.php

they sold me my havoc 15 dual 1's for 400 each, and i run them sealed and they still slam