ok well i had a 130 amp high output alternator in my car, but it would whine every time i turn the car on for about 5 mins on n off depending on the electrical drain. so i reinstall the stock alternator, ( if someone knows what a stock 96 accord ex 2.2L alternator amp rating is tell me) there is no whine now which means there is no straining at idle. i no that the high ouput alternator i got is 130 amps at 1200 rpm, n prolly lower than stock at idle, but now with the stock alternator in, the lights dim bad, i can definitely tell. before with the High output alternator i didnt see much of my lights dimming. i do have a 1 farah cap in the trunk. now i was wondering because i read off other forums that you can raise the idle rpm above 800. i was wondering how to do this and if it would be bad for anything... really i am going to replace the cap with a kinetik hc1400 battery. but just wondering if the rpm idle could be raised to 1200 rpm easily or not...

ok well i had a 130 amp high output alternator in my car, but it would whine every time i turn the car on for about 5 mins on n off depending on the electrical drain. so i reinstall the stock alternator, ( if someone knows what a stock 96 accord ex 2.2L alternator amp rating is tell me) there is no whine now which means there is no straining at idle. i no that the high ouput alternator i got is 130 amps at 1200 rpm, n prolly lower than stock at idle, but now with the stock alternator in, the lights dim bad, i can definitely tell. before with the High output alternator i didnt see much of my lights dimming. i do have a 1 farah cap in the trunk. now i was wondering because i read off other forums that you can raise the idle rpm above 800. i was wondering how to do this and if it would be bad for anything... really i am going to replace the cap with a kinetik hc1400 battery. but just wondering if the rpm idle could be raised to 1200 rpm easily or not...

take your alt to a alt shop and them them what you wanna do. caps are useless. and you should have an idol charge.

Actually it is a Fi problem. Their subs are so powerful that nobody has enough money left to purchase alts 'n' batteries after spending thousands on amps....

Ok, instead of downgrading your alternator then changing the way the car idles, why don't know reinstall the ho alt again and take it somewhere and have them get the right belt for it on there.

It sounds like you need a different belt for that alt.

Actually it is a Fi problem. Their subs are so powerful that nobody has enough money left to purchase alts 'n' batteries after spending thousands on amps....

Ok, instead of downgrading your alternator then changing the way the car idles, why don't know reinstall the ho alt again and take it somewhere and have them get the right belt for it on there.

It sounds like you need a different belt for that alt.

that problem can easily be solved by not purchasing such equipment that requires a great deal of electrical.

ok this is not an FI problem the only problem FI has is making good chit. i just think that this forum has a lot of knowledgeable ppl. n i dont think it is the size of the belt that is the problem. it is a remanufactured alternator for higher output so this is why it doesnt have the higher output at idle. but this is also true for most H/O alternators except www.h-o-alternators.com. their stuff is great, except the price, for my car its a lil shy of 700 for 170 amps. i dont really know where an alternator shop would be, how would i find out? do they just work on alternators or wat? so stock alternator vs H/O except at idle?

no i actually dont, hahaha. wat should i search for alternator repair?

mabe something about automotive electrical repair. you might also try callin a custom shop that builds like hot rods and such they may have some advice