ydevix

Adire Brahma 12 vs RE Audio XXX 12 vs FI Audio Q 12

I have question for you guys.

I currently own a RE Audio XXX12 '06 and have previously owned an Adire Brahma 12 mk2 and I am looking for something else. I stumbled on the Fi Audio Q12. My main use for this driver would be SQ(L). And I have had the xxx and the brahma in custom made ported and closed boxes.

Is there anyone who has heared the Q12 and xxx/brahma and can tell me what I could expect?

custom options, good follow up, and a quality hand built woofer tooled to your specs.

gonna fall to box design, but i know that the brahma was an exciting woofer. Have yet to hear an xxx.

IMO, the Brahma and XXX are the better subwoofers.

the brama and the XXX are diffrent class subs..... thats like askin someone is a lincoln a caddy and a CRX..... thay all be good cars for what thay are,,, but.. not in the same class.

just want i think.

edit.. the BTL or the BL are closer in the apple and lemon race.

Edited by bigjon

the xx and brahma are great subs, the q is good but not the same level as the others. if it was me i'd stay with the xxx.

You are comparing linear motor tech woofer to a standard motor. Linear Vs Parabolic.

For out and out SQ, neither is better (on paper maybe) SQ is subjective you will always have some that prefer a standard woofer slightly higher inductance and more distortion than a linear motor tech with very low inductance/flat Bl curve.

Expect the linear design subs to sound clean and neutral in a sense. Where as a normal parabolic curved motor will sound warmer and richer in sound.

If its contest of SQ, none of them are better than each other. If its a contest of pure output, again I don't think you can pick a winner.. Although I would hand it to the Brahma/XXX for 30-20Hz with all that linear Xmax. I sold hundreds of those XXXs and to this day my customers say its the best all round sub produced.

Tough one but not inconceivable.

Your talking about the new 06+ giagantor XXX right? because it sounds like the other peeps in the thread thought u ment the old xbl2 XXX (which i have and i love it)

2 15 brahma mk1 vs 2 q 15 powered by 2 revo amp and box tuned to 35hz. Same setup just swapped subs and the Q win hands down on young jeezy and any other songs that I throw it (trance, rock, hip hop). The Q was much louder in higher freq. But when it comes to low freq. the Brahma kills it. Clean sound (even with 2 15). The brahma does not like rock song and has weak high but has great lows. The Q kills rock song and loud on low freq. but not as clean as the brahma.

Never listened to the XXX btw so cant comment on that.

First of all thanks for all the reply's so far.

I have the xxx that u can still buy today. I did notice that you can't compare the 3 drivers on price, beceause the xxx is way more expensive than the q and the brahma was somewhat in the middle in price. on power handling. I don't really care what the figures say. It would be for daily use and sq is my primary use for it. High spl scores don't really mather. if my setup does 130+ db, I am more then happy.

The thins is.. I think the xxx is a indeed a great allround subwoofer, but it has its downsides. First of all. It weighs around 32 kg. second. It needs a lot of power. The brahma didn't have those problems weighing just over 16kg and playing very well with a 1000 W rms.

I don't thinks I will buy a fi q, beceause I don't really like a speaker to give any colour to my music. So I will continue my search

Based on price...you can get 5 Qs for the retail price of 1 XXX. Since you have the XXX already, you're probably better off sticking with it unless you are trying to downside or lose some weight.

The Q is the best compromise between SPL, SQ, size, weight, and cost. The XXX and Brahma will do certain things better though.

5.5 year old thread.

Ydevix ≠ Mark LaFountain??

Huh??

Ydevix ≠ Mark LaFountain??

Huh??

www.caraudio-forum.com/forum/topic/251-ssaadire-brahma-12-vs-re-audio-xxx-12-vs-fi-audio-q-12/