djjdnap

Newbs pleeze read b4 posting

How *NOT* To Be a Newbie

Computers Culture Internet Stupidity

By Lilith DemHareIs

Every day thousands of people join the great cosmic force known as the Internet. And many of these people like to go around with big red neon signs screaming NEWBIE!!" (Blinking signs, at that.) The sad part is that they don't know they are wearing these glaring pointers. Very few people are willing to help these poor souls.

If you are new to the Net, here are a few tips to toss off that neon sign.

First of all, don't go around announcing that you are a newbie. This will be apparent without your drawing attention to the fact. Many people will post to a newsgroup, or a maillist or so, saying, "Hi, I'm a newbie, and..." That doesn't help your cause. Most people will ignore newbies. A handful will tell you to go away, or other nasty responses. A very few will actually help you. Letting the denizens of cyberspace know you're inept and clueless does not help, especially in a game of Diplomacy.

Second, watch and learn! Many beginners go off, see the wide world of the Net, and make many common mistakes. If you keep your eyes open you can watch others make these mistakes, suffer for them, then avoid their fate. Spamming, crossposting, misposting, and asking "What is going on?" are usually bad practices. Watch what others do and don't do, and then you can proceed with confidence.

Finally, don't think that you have to distinguish yourself on the net. It's not High School. You don't have to prove yourself or else you end up sitting with the Dweebs during lunch. Take it easy, and go with the flow. Don't think you have to impress people. Chances are, you won't be able to anyway. If you sit back and watch what happens, you'll be able to pick up the gist of the cow without sticking your foot in your mouth.

So toss off that Screaming Newbie sign and realize the joy of being an established Netgeek

:boink:

<bump>

it was pinned silly goose :finger:

<bump>

it was pinned silly goose :finger:

I teh suck.

...the best of intentions.

It was late, sorry.

-Nick

:wub::wub::wub:

in the newbie thread, nonetheless...perfect timing, er, location :D

Am I still am noob since I was here before the forum crash? Just kidding. I have much to learn, about car audio, and I think this is the right place to learn.

Thanks,

noob out.

i guess if u dont know anything then ur a noob. like some people ask how do i hook up an amp to another amp(daisy chaining) they should use correct grammar too . unlike me my grammar sucks

This is the right place for anyone involved in car audio. Since, i guess no one person knows everything and we can all learn from each other.

This is the right place for anyone involved in car audio. Since, i guess no one person knows everything and we can all learn from each other.

:clap: :clap:

I am new to this site, but not new to car audio. I use to compete in Iasca, Meca, and Whitley Comps back in the late 80's and early 90's I have seen Richard Clark's World Winning Grand National at the Iasca World Finals in Oklahoma. His car sounds just like you are in a set of giant headphones. It was just phenominal how good his car sounded.

seems like a great website to learn more about LOUD SOUND QUALITY.........

Ummm no. Those words are NOT to be combined in the same sentence. Or you will quickly be eliminated. :lol:

....it's just sad that this stuff isn't common sense for as long as forums have been around. Oh well. Thanks for posting for teh NewbZzzZ!!111

Thhanks for the good info. I'm new to this forum and car audio, but have been on many other types of forums...

Not hard to get a long here, just think before you post. :) You'll find some great people and make some really good friends.

this place it great im learnin alot and loving every moment of it think and read b4 u ask so u dont look like a jakcalope im pretty sure i can handle that i cant stand ignorance haha