Sign in to follow this  
thegr8cody

ssa icon 15's

i just want something ridiculus and something thats gonna move alot of air and i seen what 4 12s and 3000 watts no wall did and loved it

You'll need to be careful on the gains to prolong their life, but as long as you're smart about things... they'll do fine.

wow another peron going 4 ssa icons. i guess i need to get 2 more:) need to be different :) woot

4 15's would be unreal in output. But we do not suggest 1500 watts to an Icon, it is more then it is really designed for. I set the rms ratting at 900 watts for a reason. The advantages for going up to 1200+ watts over 1000 on the Icon is very little. 1200 is just about the ceiling limit for safe handling of power. The the law of diminising returns kicks in the closer you get to thermal and mechanical limits.

Are you thinking about competiting in SPL?

So as John said above, 4 Icons will hold that amp fine, just be smart with your gains and if the sub's start to over extend ease back on the gain a little.

its pretty much just for daily drivinf but if i want it real intense just pop in some tones ya nkow what im saying?its really just for music and thats pretty much it.still wanna see what i can do on the TL though.neve was much on spl its all about what you can do on music but i want something i can turn wide open and not have a problem how about 833 watts each to 6 15's that away i can turn it up and not have to worry about blowing them? and plus is wont be bad for them cause its not underpowering them so bad?

Port -

With your planned setup, you should be able to make a port anywhere between 150 - 400 sq in of port.

Good luck. Your setup is gonna be a lot larger than mine but that also has to do with my limited space.

yea so far i got a 200 amp alt a kinetik 1400 and an atomic 5000.1 and pioneer 490ib cd player.trying to figure out if im gonna do 3 1400s and an 800 under the hood my 1400 wont fit.or making my 1400 fit and doing 2 2400's in the back.i gotta wiat till my g/f gets out the coast guard then she promised to finish off my system so shouldnt be to bad.she graduates the 14th of march then we're getting settled in a place. im selling my atomic 18 and getting my batteries or whatever i can afford from it.then ordering my subs.might try to go ahead and start my build if i can gotta remove my old box for my 18 :D 11 cubic feet still gotta blueprint the box and what not and see what i can do never seen a wall with 6 15's only 4

150^2in is a bit on the small side for 6 15" subs. You'll get a ton of port noise on anything under 200 because of the air movement from 6 subs.

so far my deisgn is 304^2in and 26 cubic feet after woofers and port.thinking double layering it and 2x4's on the out side with a couple nice coats of glass on the inside just gotta take my back seat out and get measurements hardest part is going 45 across might just have to slant the wall lol and do 3 straight up :neil: with a big nasty port in the middle :o

Edited by thegr8cody

If it's not a dedicated competition vehicle...meh.

Not a real big fan of walls in vehicles being driven on a regular basis.

it aint gonna be that bad.espeacially with a back up camera ;) its more for just street beat im hoping for like a 150 on music and i dont care what it does on tones i just dont wanna keep reaching for the bass knob or volume cause its not loud enough lol

yea, 150sqin is low but also not runnin a lot of power when talkin about 6 15s either. Turbulence is not as high. 150 isn't recommended of course but if you were desperate for area, i believe 150 is the lowest possible before turbulence begins to become a nuisance in your music. The rule of thumb i've read before is never go above 140ft\sec when it comes to turbulence. It becomes to audible in the music. For SPL, get the turbulence as low as possible.

well its official guys BACK SEAT IS OUT :neil: just waiting on some extra cash to start the base and the build up its gonna be a long slow build just for the warning.but all in all its 6 15's 24 cubic feet and 306^2 port 35 hz subs are gonna be 3 across on the bottom and port at the top we'll see how well it works out never seen a wall like that(might be a bad thing)