mazdaboom

will it really sound that bad?????

i have an fi bl 12 that is practically brand new that i had bought for the honda i thought i was going to be using well now im stuck with this sub and want to put a system in my dodge megacab but havent been able to sell it and am not sure i have enough room back there to port it. i have been out of the game for a while so any help would be appreciated.....thanks

well if i can get use out of it then no but if not i really would like to sell it to get somethin in my truck before my baby comes and my wife wont let me get chit lol

Ah.....

Can't really comment on this, but I'll assume and say, yes, itll sound like poo.

huh thats what i figured i guess my next question would be if someone could help me with a ported box design?? it wont be very big maybe maybe maybe 2.5 to 3 ft3 not including sub and port disp..........measurements are 57"w (shorter if possible)x20"hx 6"tdx10" bd......tuned for daily 30-35hz

Edited by mazdaboom

I can help you with a box.

Is 57" wide x 20" high x 6" deep (top)/10" deep (bottom) correct? Should be plenty of reeom for a ported Bl 12".

Brian

i double checked my measurements and it was 6"td x 9.5" bd x 57"w x 20"h thank you very much for the help.....ford302redneck i also thankyou for the info but i do not use aim

thought you were gonnna ask if you could run it in a small sealed.

i did ask and apparently it wont but if i am still able to use it in my application without having to sell it and lose out money because i wont be able to sell it for what i bought it for that would be great. i have my amp already and just installed a alpine 9885 in my truck, just found out my wife is pregnant and she's already tightening up the wallet so any help is greatly appreciated

We put a pair of 10's, a ms 1000 and a sundown 1500 in the back of one of those..

It'l fit ;) you just have to get creative...

Thanks!

-Nick

Except those were very small sealed enclosures :D

thank you! i will be building this in a few days, i cant thank yall enough for all the input and advice....oh and one question what wil this be tuned to?

Edited by mazdaboom

one more question should the port face up or on the side of the box? and would it make a difference if i put the speaker on the passenger side and the port on the drivers side or vise versa? i havent done a ported truck box beofre so im a little clueless thanks.

I think due to the size of the port, you will have to install it on the end. . . .

I would do the end facing the side.

I am pretty sure the flare end is more than 6" in diameter, and the top of your box is only 6" deep. . .

Brian

Hard to say. It can make a difference in a competition, it could make a difference to you sitting in the driver's seat. Only way to know is to test.

I built my suburban the standard driver's side port for loudest on the passenger side, but mine ended up being loudest on the driver's side. . .