A number of folks have been asking when the SPL-15 would be available. Given the existing sales of the current SPL-12, I am finding it difficult to justify the added expense for another driver in the line.

I am however, open to doing a small run of SPL-15's provided there is commitment from those folks who are interested in acquiring one (or two or three...).

To picture of what the SPL-15 would look like, imagine the beefiness of the SPL-12, only in a bigger version. There, simple wasn't it? ;)

So, those of you who spoke of, or asked about an SPL-15, belly up to the bar and let's talk about it.

Best,

Mark

Yes, but how many people will actually commit the money, and how many will start asking for an SPL-18? The SPL-12 is a monster as it is, so unless you are in a competition class that requires 15's, the 12 is more then enough, trust me.

Yes, but how many people will actually commit the money, and how many will start asking for an SPL-18? The SPL-12 is a monster as it is, so unless you are in a competition class that requires 15's, the 12 is more then enough, trust me.

sooo very true.

I still say wait for the season to really start and wait for some numbers to start coming out with the spl12. I'm sure the sales will pick up and the demand will grow.

Lets all build some crazy setups with the spl12 and show what this little heavyweight can do.

I have yet to read about anyone breaking a 150 with one. Has there been anyone? I'm sure it can't be that hard.

Edited by bland

Well, I'm going to have 5k on tap this summer, but I highly doubt I will be able to achieve that in a 2001 Bonneville :D

I could try, I just need Chad Hicks & Terry Brocks and about 10-12k power with the electrical to back it up, and some serious internal mods to the civic, and blamo! 150 like so. :)

150 is not easy to hit on the new Termlab, let alone with a single 12" driver.

I could try, I just need Chad Hicks & Terry Brocks and about 10-12k power with the electrical to back it up, and some serious internal mods to the civic, and blamo! 150 like so. :)

Sometimes 150 isn't easy with 2 15s, 2 18s, ect.

That's what I heard. Do you know what differentiates the old TL from the new(er) one? When you say new are you referring to "brand new"?

That's what I heard. Do you know what differentiates the old TL from the new(er) one? When you say new are you referring to "brand new"?

From what I remember, the newest Termlab (one that I was on last year) can be as much as 3db+ lower then the old one.

I believe it was more like 4db. A guy with four IXL-15's hit 155 with the old; 151 with the new.

It is partially in the calibration.

I dunno if this has been said but why can't you just buy a limited run of soft parts and make a package deal of the spl 12 and what ever size you want recone and basket deal. i kno it sucks for people that never did em but most people buying this sub prob have experience doing them...

Now we'll see who is truly willing to put their money where their mouth is.... :)

Hey Mark, we could always back our cars up real close and use your amps to power the sub In my hatch.

I dunno if this has been said but why can't you just buy a limited run of soft parts and make a package deal of the spl 12 and what ever size you want recone and basket deal. i kno it sucks for people that never did em but most people buying this sub prob have experience doing them...

Mark and I discussed just that. But we dont know if people are willing to pay more and still have to recone it themselves.

come on guys think maybe make em a screw down recone but that would cost to much to machine the baskets nm...drinking and brain storming don't work...

The problem is that usually when you say "SPL" people want big. I bleieve that the 15" would sell better than the 12" as long as it's in a reasonable price range. If you did do an 18" however, I'd be all over it.

i would be in for an 18, well 2 actually. i really like the ixl 18 but the impedence is fudged up relative to every other sub. if it came in a dual 2 like the ixl 15 i would be all over it.

neat. to bad most people just want to talk and wont actually buy anything.

Yea thats what it pretty much comes down to. Just a bunch of people flappin their gums.

id be willing to take 2 or 4 in the summer depending on what i decide to go with.

i would be in for an 18, well 2 actually. i really like the ixl 18 but the impedence is fudged up relative to every other sub. if it came in a dual 2 like the ixl 15 i would be all over it.

Better start saving your pennies then...

I should have numbers by mid next week (not SPL numbers but the other stuff).