Sign in to follow this  
I8apony19

SI Computer Donation

Well....As I have upgraded my computer this summer...I have decided to donate my processor and motherboard in an effort to build Nick another computer to work with...

So far I have:

AMD 2800+ Barton

Abit NF7-s

Maybe a SB Audigy if I can still find it..

17" CRT

If you guys have a cd-rom/cdrw, hard drive, memory, or anything else that is worth giving to me rather than throwing away or sparing ( :) ) I'd gladly appreciate it if you could post what you have here...and I will contact you about a possible collection effort...

Now...if you don't quite have any computer parts to donate...I will take a MAXIMUM $5 donation for each person if they feel so inclined to do so...

Let me know if you are interested... :)

I have a laptop in pieces! :P Call me this weekend foo!

Who stickied this?

And Ryan...that laptop could be better used as a theft decoy :)

A laptop would be very good. We're going to have survalence (sp?) out the wazzoo. Anyone who dares will be caught on tape and have a nice visit from the police. :D

I don't have Paypal, but I do have cash, an envelope, a pen, but no address.

Let me know, I'd love to donate to this cause ... at least we know if there is a next time, they'll get caught.

- Steve

I don't have Paypal, but I do have cash, an envelope, a pen, but no address.

Let me know, I'd love to donate to this cause ... at least we know if there is a next time, they'll get caught.

- Steve

Steve...I'll draw up some guidelines as to how to donate towards a new computer....need to chat with Nick...

Sounds good ... get back to me when you find something out :)

- Steve

Sounds good ... get back to me when you find something out :)

- Steve

Same here. And thanks for the call. ;)

im not sure if i got any spare parts around but im a huge computer geek so if you need any help with things i can sureley help ( i built many computers).

im assuming your motherboard only takes ddr right? cuase i got memory laying around i think but i dont believe its ddr.

can you please give me a complete list of EVERY part you need to make it run. I might be able to get you free stuff through friend.

and do you need any software in particular. i have tons of stuff laying around ive colleted over the years like LightWave and stuff.

We're going to have survalence (sp?)

thats right people... he studied english at WCU so he could let us all know that he isnt sure if he is spelling a word correctly :wacko:

while you guys are at it, buy me a new laptop too please :P

im not sure if i got any spare parts around but im a huge computer geek so if you need any help with things i can sureley help ( i built many computers).

im assuming your motherboard only takes ddr right? cuase i got memory laying around i think but i dont believe its ddr.

can you please give me a complete list of EVERY part you need to make it run. I might be able to get you free stuff through friend.

and do you need any software in particular. i have tons of stuff laying around ive colleted over the years like LightWave and stuff.

-NF7-s is a socket A board, so yes, it will need DDR PC2700 or DDR PC3200 to run properly

I don't need a sound card, although, I'd like one if I can find one...I'm not thrilled with the onboard sound on this motherboard.

Other things I need:

Power supply

HD's (I have two small WD's at the moment)

Case

CD-RW

Video Card (I have a POS one for emergencies, but that's it)

I think that's about it...let me know what you've got and we'll talk :) )

i might be able to get a a case off one of my brothers computers in his room ( ive never seen them even turned on lol) ill have to check whats insde them too and see if i can salvage that.

what kinda of stuff will this computer be running? what areas are going to be really bogged down? i can def guide you in the right direction if you need it for parts.

hmm.. no go on the case its very very very old style and to small anyways..

but i think fry's was having a sell this week so maybe ill pick you something up :slayer:

iif you raid those 2 80 giggers you ll be VERY happy.

I got extensive experience on how useful disks in RAID are. 5 80 Gig disks in RAID 5 would be an optimum solution. Redundancy is essential, just imagine if the computer crashes and all the calculations and other stuff is lost. Lost 60GB of 3D animations that way and it sucked!

Got a dedicated paypal account for hardware? If we chipped in a 10 or 20 each, SI`d have a killer system up and running in no time :)

Or how about a supprter T-shirt "I pimp SI on hardware " for say, $35 - $40 :D

iif you raid those 2 80 giggers you ll be VERY happy.

I got extensive experience on how useful disks in RAID are. 5 80 Gig disks in RAID 5 would be an optimum solution. Redundancy is essential, just imagine if the computer crashes and all the calculations and other stuff is lost. Lost 60GB of 3D animations that way and it sucked!

Got a dedicated paypal account for hardware? If we chipped in a 10 or 20 each, SI`d have a killer system up and running in no time :)

Or how about a supprter T-shirt "I pimp SI on hardware " for say, $35 - $40 :D

No paypal account through SI...only my own personal one...which I am good for....I think it would just be nice to have a couple raptors runnin'...

Not going to donate any raptors, but let me know what you need and I can get it to you. I have spare parts of every nature running around here and since I just ordered parts for an entirely new system I have tons more parts comming available in a few days. Send me an e-mail @ jwilkinson@gowhammy.com or drop me a line on here.

Alaxan

Not going to donate any raptors, but let me know what you need and I can get it to you. I have spare parts of every nature running around here and since I just ordered parts for an entirely new system I have tons more parts comming available in a few days. Send me an e-mail @ jwilkinson@gowhammy.com or drop me a line on here.

Alaxan

Just write me a list of what you have on here....much easier for me...and I'll never lose it :)

lol just write out the list of what you need. Mine is far too long to list up here.

hello, first post here on the SI forums.

terrible to hear yall got robbed.

well i dont have much to offer but here is what i do have, let me know if you need it.

power supply (350 watt)

case (old atx full tower, she aint pretty but she works)

couple of old 4 meg video cards (great as a stand by)

52x cd rom

zip drive (internal)

LS 120/floppy drive combo (internal)

and other odds and ends.

sorry its all ive got, wish i could help more.

you can reach me on aim rationalnihilist

/rational_nihilist

p.s. i have raptors in raid 0, they arent all they are cracked up to be, but i do save time rippin dvd's and its nice for planetside and eq.

lol just write out the list of what you need. Mine is far too long to list up here.

Hard drives

CD-rom/CDRW

Case

Memory

Video Card

Sound Card

I got a nice hard-drive, that is dead, but has an RMA # from Western Digital that I can donate. Is only 30gb, but does the job and is brand spankin new. Had it in the girlfriend's computer, but one day both harddrives in that one died. It is still under full warranty and I have the RMA for its replacement.

Spare memory is all gone now with a build of a crap machine for the kids to dink with, same for video card and sound card. I do have a spare cd-rom though too.

Hard drives

CD-rom/CDRW

Case

Memory

Video Card

Sound Card

I got a nice hard-drive, that is dead, but has an RMA # from Western Digital that I can donate. Is only 30gb, but does the job and is brand spankin new. Had it in the girlfriend's computer, but one day both harddrives in that one died. It is still under full warranty and I have the RMA for its replacement.

Spare memory is all gone now with a build of a crap machine for the kids to dink with, same for video card and sound card. I do have a spare cd-rom though too.

If you RMA it and send it my way...I'll give ya money for the shipping fees....it is always a hassle to RMA stuff...especially when you aren't the original purchaser.

I have a Radeon 9200 graphics card laying around. It's a 64mb one, runs well...lmk if ur interested still or not?!? peace

NG