WildSebring

New Toy

mtx9500.jpg

Got it pretty cheap...Couldn't pass it up. MTX 9500 12"

This thing is pretty beefy for a 12".

I'm taking it to competition today @ 2.5 ohms on about 750 watts from my Sundown 1500D. I'ma see what I can do with it wired this way....Hope it works :cookiemonster:

I'm not too much into MTX products but this thing got pretty damn loud at 2.5 ohm last night, wonder what it will do at say.... .5 ohm.. :bananaDance:

Edited by WildSebring

Back from the competiton....

On the 1st run at 1/2 gain 1/2 bass boost, 2.5 ohm's..... I did a 141.1

On the 2nd run at a tad above 1/2 gain , 1/2 bass boost..... I did a 141.4

On my final run, I tuned the gain to about 3/4 , bass boost at 1/2....I did a 142.1

Sorry no pics, Lord Baccus will have them though. :drink40:

With this thing wired at 2.5 ohm, and only seeing about 750 watts from the SAZ 1500D , I'd say its very respectable.

I'm impressed so far, to say the very least.

Next week at the next competition I plan on taking my 2nd SAZ 1500D and strapping them together on this 9500 12" and giving it around 3500 RMS for a 4 second burp in a 36 Hz tuned box.... :lildevil: It's gonna be absolute mayhem for 1 12" subwoofer..and to boot I'll be in 0-600 amateur trunk class.. :lildevil:

Anyone think it would take it/ not take it? I'd like a few opinions

I would get rid of the bass boost and find a better way to set your gains, prob. see a lot better results.

good luck

Edited by thedukey42

I would get rid of the bass boost and find a better way to set your gains, prob. see a lot better results.

good luck

Id have to agree I was at a comp yesterday had my gains set to a soft clip wit an oscope then for a 2nd run I jacked my gains up to about half way and all I managed to do was clip the piss out of the sub and loose DBs

Back from the competiton....

On the 1st run at 1/2 gain 1/2 bass boost, 2.5 ohm's..... I did a 141.1

On the 2nd run at a tad above 1/2 gain , 1/2 bass boost..... I did a 141.4

On my final run, I tuned the gain to about 3/4 , bass boost at 1/2....I did a 142.1

Sorry no pics, Lord Baccus will have them though. :drink40:

With this thing wired at 2.5 ohm, and only seeing about 750 watts from the SAZ 1500D , I'd say its very respectable.

I'm impressed so far, to say the very least.

Next week at the next competition I plan on taking my 2nd SAZ 1500D and strapping them together on this 9500 12" and giving it around 3500 RMS for a 4 second burp in a 36 Hz tuned box.... :lildevil: It's gonna be absolute mayhem for 1 12" subwoofer..and to boot I'll be in 0-600 amateur trunk class.. :lildevil:

Anyone think it would take it/ not take it? I'd like a few opinions

very strong sub. should take the 3500 for burps no problem. i've got to mess with a few of them and have never seen one fail. not known as an all out spl driver (their rfl is built for that), they can indeed handle their own though.

like most mainstreme products, the biggest problem is cost and overhyped advertisement. otherwise, a decent driver.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

damn i wished i lived in or near dallas

damn i wished i lived in or near dallas

im Sure Uhal would rent ya a moving truck :)

P1010544.jpg

P1010545.jpg

P1010546.jpg

Edited by Lord Baccus

Thanks for the pics Brian. :cookiemonster:

I know it's a bit messy install but me an Brian thew it together the night before...Heard good things about the 9500 MTX's and I saw one sitting in my bro's shop, so I said, it's mine, give it too me...

You going to the March 16th show Brian..the one in Grapevine? I'll be there....we also gotta get together before then and strap these amps together...

Hoping for about a 148 or so...think it could be done or what do you think it would produce? :captain:

Edited by WildSebring