Sign in to follow this  
SQBubble

hAvoc 18" for home theatre/music

Hello,

I was wondering if the 18" havoc(first gen) would work well in a sealed box for home use.

Or with 2 18" PR would be better(tuned at around 19hz)?

I have around 5.5cu.ft to 6.5cu.ft NET work with... its for movies and music, I want tight bass with monster lowz, I want nothing muddy.

Any help or suggestion?

Edited by SQBubble

I'd go sealed...or put it in a quarter-wave pipe.

quarter-wave pipe? never heard this?

I'm running 2 10" tc-10oem each in .78cu.ft stuffed sealed right now and it does a great job on the lows, but I feel like im stressing them too much when I want it loud , I want sometime efficient, sound good and goes deep without struggling

thx for the fast replies

Edited by SQBubble

x2.

Is all you're doing tonight adding generic "me too" replies? You might want to look at the glaring contradiction you made with yourself in the other thread...

quarter-wave pipe? never heard this?

Look here:

http://www.t-linespeakers.org

http://www.quarter-wave.com

There's a project with a Shiva on the first site that could be scaled up to a Havoc, would require a massive Sonotube, though.

Another option you could try before you do the Havoc would be to add some polyfill to your existing boxes for the TC's.

Another option you could try before you do the Havoc would be to add some polyfill to your existing boxes for the TC's.

it's already stuffed with pink fiberglass

IMG_2858.jpg

I remember on the AA web site they were saying that it isnt recommend to use the havoc in a sealed box... this note is what makes me want to avoid the sealed enclosure...

Edited by SQBubble

My vote goes for the quarter wave.

If your looking for a regular ported enclosure and don't want the big footprint of a beast, sonotubes are also a great solution for a huge volume, but not a large footprint.

Can you post the specs to the 10's, I think you should use them and build a new box, they should be plenty, just want to see the specs on them before I go saying what might work, I don't know them as well as most of these other guys, lol. ( seriously mean that, i don't know this sub like you guys do, just want to be clear)

the quarter-wave seems really complicated and beyond my capabilities of making such a box with angles and all that, I don't have the equipment to do these stuff.

As for using the 10" in another box... it is impossible to have them in a .7cu.ft @18hz, even 1cu.ft @20hz.... these sub are great with PRs and sealed. and one of the 10" isnt working too well, it makes some weird noise at high excursion.

I guess i'll stick with a sealed box, a sonotube might be interesting.

Sign in to follow this