almond

tc2k+ recone

I'm not sure what a TC2K+ is. There's a TC2+ motor that has been around for years. Audiomobile Evo, Stryke Audio AV series, Rythmik Audio, O Audio, TC-1000 and the Audiopulse Epic are all based on this motor. Scott has mentioned in an earlier posting about being able to recone these.

There is also the TC-2000 (TC2K for short) that is based on the TC9 motor. The motor can be reconed but it needs to have a new basket. I don't think their order for 10" spiders has come in yet. The 10" model (very rare) may be able to be reconed because it used 8" spiders. If you want to recone it yourself, I can get you in touch with a guy who has the parts. Not a kit. You have to glue everything together like I documented in a Photobucket slide show - link.

-Robert

sorry, it is in fact the tc2+. it's a tad smaller than the epic motor. it's off an ed 12k44 it as a standard 4 spke 12" basket on it.

i have a tc2 motor which is a little smaller, and they are nice subs. On a side note, don't you love waiting forever for an answer?

I don't know if it can be done or not, i know nothing about that motor.

If it's a standard 3" coil, then sure.

If not, then generally speaking no.

Fair enough?

hey thanks, that's what i neede. i apreciate it. i've been so busy lately i haven't really been able to search around. thanks!!