dave_Edwards

W7 or MTX 9500?

oh man dont get me started on this one, I am so Anti JL

ok ok :lol: Brahma or W7---that is the best debate i think in a long while in car audio and yet all the W7 lovers hate to see that the Brahma is a better value. :slayer:

rooting for Ti Pro :punch:

I don't like the JL against anything. I would take a Crystal CMP or CMPx2 over the JL any day. :slayer: The XBL subs sound too sterile to me. The cone just moves air and nothing more. Sure they get loud and have no audible distortion but the OZ 250L could not get super loud and it is the KING of SQ subs so high xmax adds nothing to SQ.

The XBL subs sound too sterile to me. The cone just moves air and nothing more. Sure they get loud and have no audible distortion but the OZ 250L could not get super loud and it is the KING of SQ subs so high xmax adds nothing to SQ.

Sterile?What do you mean?I guess some people like distortion in there speakers :blink:

FROM THE ADIRE AUDIO SITE----

XBL2 technology was first deployed in our own Brahma series subwoofers. Besides offering extreme levels of linear excursion, this new technology greatly flattens the BL curve of loudspeakers. And a flatter BL curve means lower distortion - greater linearity. In fact, drivers using this technology typically gain 50-100% more completely flat (less than

i would take the 9500 over the w7. i just recently heard a single 12 and it sounded every bit as good as any w7 (i have only heard a 13w7 off a 1000/1 jl) and was almost as loud, considering it was being pushed by a smaller amp (mtx 6500)

all things equal...the 9500 can go head to head spl and sq with a comparable w7 and is cheaper....but i give the looks to the w7, installability(is that even a word?) to the 9500

anyway..u get the point..hehe

but i'll take my treo ss's over all(seeing how they are installed in my truck, what choice do i have..hehe)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Ahem....what about the Sexxx, most people forget about it, the sub wangs and has good SQ now what :finger:

The only problem with the Cyclone is that it breaks easy, was only available in SVC 8 ohm an would barely pull over 50hz. I would take the superman OZ 250L over the Cyclone for SQ.

The only problem with the Cyclone is that it breaks easy, was only available in SVC 8 ohm an would barely pull over 50hz. I would take the superman OZ 250L over the Cyclone for SQ.

yes--it was a TRUE SUBwoofer not a woofer trying to be a subwoofer---that along with the Alumapro M16---2 of my favorite SUBwoofers---as for woofers---Brahmas are VERY hard to beat---extremely flat BL curve---and small box design---high power handling---long throw---XBL^2------can't get any better!

:rolleyes: Again the products of RE are overlooked

i like RE, remember the XXX has the same motor topology as the brahma

AHHH but which is better...OVERALL :D

:rolleyes: Again the products of RE are overlooked

overall=Brahma or XXX depends on your needs

RE XXX =clone of a Brahma with higher Fs---woop dee doo---I love there stuff also but come on---it just "looks" better than a Brahma---I see them as 1 company 2 differant names ;) Adire=SQ RE=SPL

well dont most subs look the same anyway :P

i have played with them both and i like both i would say i like the performance ot the w7 13.5 better than the 15" 9500 BUT for the money i take mtx first

i like this forum so much more than most forums that are sprouting up all across the internet....most i join and then never have a single reply because of the simply idiotic posts that morons post saying that my pyle blah blah blah is better than so and so's sub, this forum actually gives mathmatical and mechanical reasons for why one driver/piece of audio equiptment is superior to another, loving the start of this forum, lets keep it growing with more and more intelligent people than me :D

Jordan thanks for those kind words

lol wel I guess I should have mine uniform across the net :P