caddyon20s

1 INCH MDF WOOD?? WHERE TO GET IT AT??

Hello today i went to my local come depot and they didnt have mdf wood all they had was particle wood, if anybody knows where can i get 1 inch mdf wood at please let me know I AM A be building a box for my btl 18 pretty soon thanks.

Some cabinet shops and hardware stores can special order it, but it's extremely hard to find in my area. You could either double up 2 sheets of 1/2" MDF, or make it that much beefier by using 2 layers of 3/4". Good luck finding 1" though, if you can find a chain store that sells it please post here.

Just brace and double layer 3/4 where needed.

I've buy it from the same place I buy 3/4inch mdf.

As has been mentioned, a lumberyard is your best bet. I have a shop here that caters to woodworkers and hobbyists and I swear they can get any type of wood in existence. I love going in that place just to see samples.

Although pricey, 1" Balsa works great, other than that, is this a fully loaded BTL on like 4kw? if so then I'd recommend double layer 3/4 over single 1" any day. 3/4 is much easier to work with and easier on the saws. You have to take things like that into consideration. Double wall 3/4 then throw a brace or two in there and you should be set!!

We are lucky we have a lumber salvage yard here. They basically buy all the odd stuff that no one can sell and buy out surplus's from places going out of business.. They have everything from 1/16" loowhaan I think is how ya spell it. up +4" MDF and everything in between and some not so in between. But like everyone else said a well built box with 3/4 and a bit of bracing will work fine. Unless you are just going after some crazy numbers.

Edited by Silent

I checked at Home Depot and they said they could special order it at 39.95 a sheet. for 5 bucks more you could double up 3/4". I however think I may get one sheet to use for my baffles - not sure yet.

Lowes sells 3/4 for $19.95