jonbearsmt

flowmaster? or another brand?

alright i wanna make my lincoln have a little rumble to it,.... not alot... but i do wanna hear it just a touch, i was thinking maybe a 50 series..... i know nothing about mufflers... my car has duals with an H pipe and dual res,

i want a little smooth rumble at idol... and a little touch of muscle/class as i leavem,

i got a qoute from a shop today 485.......

40 series. Original. Not Delta Flow.

485 for what?

All you need is weld in muffler's.

So 160 for a pair.

You do the math.

40 series. Original. Not Delta Flow.

485 for what?

All you need is weld in muffler's.

So 160 for a pair.

You do the math.

my friend has 40's on his truck and its way to loud.... i want a smoother melow sound,.... i had a video of what i liked... but i can find it again.

Try a 70 series if you can fit it. It's an SUV muffler made for V8's.

Although, something I've learned while shopping for my exhaust, is it always sounds different than you want it to. So go search youtube and other forums for sound clips, so you don't get stuck with something that sounds like ass.

You have the 4.6L in it right? my suggestion would be to search around for some audio clips even if they are for a mustang it should sound similar. Off the top of my head a couple companies would be Corsa, SLP, Magnaflow, Dynomax, Hooker thats all for now.

Try a 70 series if you can fit it. It's an SUV muffler made for V8's.

Although, something I've learned while shopping for my exhaust, is it always sounds different than you want it to. So go search youtube and other forums for sound clips, so you don't get stuck with something that sounds like ass.

i did.... see all the videos are of lincoln ls... and the Ls v8 is a like a 3.6... and the towncar v8 is a 4.6..... not alot of video of towncars with mufflers...

and the mustang have a 4.6 but its a dual cam... and mine is not..

this sucks...

the guy at the muffler shop says " yeah what ever you wanna do boss" and i say but what do you think he says " well ya know boss what ever you wann do thats what we will do" and i understand he does not want me to be mad at him cause i dont like it... so thats why i came here......

i like the 50 series on the flowmaster website... but then again there is no telling what kinda car... H pipe or NON. 2 inch or 3.5... im lost here

check out this STS V it's running borla but it is also a dual cam so I dont know the difference it would make on your ride, But it deff sounds NICE !!!

4cGAcujMQLM

KRz0by-ublQ

EDIT-Tried to embed it, didnt work for some reason so I just added the link.

Edited by johnecon2001
embedded videos

Honestly man, Ive heard plenty of stangs(4.6) with what I said a sec ago, and there not "that" loud.

Once replace the H-pipe, it really opens it up tho.

Honestly man, 40 series is the best sounding Flowmaster.

Theres not to many mufflers I would buy.

I've got mid-length headers, mandrel bent 2.5" pipes, no H or X pipe, and Flowmaster 50 series mufflers on my Impala. It's actually quite loud IMO. I'll probably be putting resonators back on soon. 50's and resonators shouldn't be too loud. Also, only listen to clips of cars with the same engine as yours. Every engine will sound different even through the same mufflers. And, the larger the muffler, the quieter it'll be.

seen some 70's on youtube that sound nice to me

Lots of sohc Mustangs...

I must say that I really don't understand spending $500 to make your car sound different. If it is for performance it would be a whole different story.

I can vouch for Borla and Remus. :)

If you like drone, get a "flow" master.

The mufflers are directly under you in the TC, something less drone like and quiet is better.

Or get the exhaust off a marauder, very popular mod and the pipes are pretty nifty.

This is what I run on my 5.7L http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

:D

http://vid51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/m...k6/MOV01231.flv

High Idle and sqeaky belt

But on the serious side. If I'm going to buy a different muffler for my vehicle I will never buy anything that isn't near "straight-through". My truck is a straight exhaust with the dynomax bullet (which is also straight through) and isn't that loud at all in the cab.

I have heard a 50 series on a 5.3L before. Sound damn near stock at idle but really livened up when you gave it some throttle

i have had the best product experience with Magnaflow products-- check them out.

Magnaflow blows ass and sounds like shit in my experience. I bought one of their kits when they first came out and fitment was horrible. It sounded like pure trash as well. As soon as I got it on, I took it off and went and bought a Flowmaster kit. There's a reason so many people use them. . .

Here's my car with and off-road H-pipe and 40 series, non deltas.

Listen closely and you can hear my fuel pump whining.

http://www.teamssaudio.com/video/play.php?vid=133

I know this is old, but John, your car will sound exactly the same as any 4.6 or 5.0 for that matter, so if you're looking for clips, http://www.mustangexhaust.com/

Magnaflow blows ass and sounds like chit in my experience. I bought one of their kits when they first came out and fitment was horrible. It sounded like pure trash as well. As soon as I got it on, I took it off and went and bought a Flowmaster kit. There's a reason so many people use them. . .

I know this is old, but John, your car will sound exactly the same as any 4.6 or 5.0 for that matter, so if you're looking for clips, http://www.mustangexhaust.com/

i have had two systems from them and had ZERO problems. what you think sounds like chit may not sound like chit to alot of other people. it all depends on what sound and or how much noise you are trying to make. dont mistake noise for power! Flomaster are great at making noise!

You are lucky then.

As for mistaking noise for power, well, I'll be nice and leave that alone.

Magnaflow blows ass and sounds like shit in my experience. I bought one of their kits when they first came out and fitment was horrible. It sounded like pure trash as well. As soon as I got it on, I took it off and went and bought a Flowmaster kit. There's a reason so many people use them. . .

i still have yet to make my mind up... but the website you gave was very helpful. i heard a clip of some flow master 40s that sound nice. thank you

You are lucky then.

As for mistaking noise for power, well, I'll be nice and leave that alone.

not that a cat-back makes a world of difference, but for all of the Ford trucks i had they made the best power on the Dyno. dollar for dollar if you are looking for power..... 'Charge it! IMHO exhausts are only good for making noise and just like your stereo..... sound is subjective.

IMHO exhausts are only good for making noise

But in all reality ... dollar-for-dollar ... wouldn't you agree that adding headers and opening the exhaust right up is very beneficial and a relatively inexpensive way to add a little performance?

cheap way out would be some glasspacks

check out SLP Loudmouth 2 if they have an app for lincolns...shouldn't be that much drone inside the cabin, i mean u gotta a system anyway so drone is really not an issue. or if you don't wanna go that route go custom shouldn't be expensive at all. $485 is kinda steep get a quote from another shop..SLP is the chit though imo

hell yeah slp loudmouths!

but.....i thought he didnt want loud?

loudmouths cover there name

hell yeah slp loudmouths!

but.....i thought he didnt want loud?

loudmouths cover there name

that's why i suggested the loudmouth 2 not loudmouth 1...i think the lm2 would be a good choice, he said he wanted sumthin with a low rumble @ idle and when he gets on it all heads turn