mwoehr

Thinking of a single 15

Since the power isn't that high I was leaning towards the new SI Magnum for its SQ reputation while not needing much power, then the SSA Icon for it's good SQ reputation yet still giving you that thump (but haven't heard from a sealed Icon user yet, but hoping Accordman does his review in a sealed enclosure

If you really want a "thump" (thereby ruining the SQ potential), you can get that from either the Mag or the Icon.

I've heard the Icon in infinite baffle, which is basically a very low-Qtc sealed alignment...it sounds great. Very accurate, and goes down to the limits of audibility and beyond into the infrasound range without complaining.

It's all in how they're installed...

Since the power isn't that high I was leaning towards the new SI Magnum for its SQ reputation while not needing much power, then the SSA Icon for it's good SQ reputation yet still giving you that thump (but haven't heard from a sealed Icon user yet, but hoping Accordman does his review in a sealed enclosure

If you really want a "thump" (thereby ruining the SQ potential), you can get that from either the Mag or the Icon.

I've heard the Icon in infinite baffle, which is basically a very low-Qtc sealed alignment...it sounds great. Very accurate, and goes down to the limits of audibility and beyond into the infrasound range without complaining.

It's all in how they're installed...

Thanks guys for all the help. I appreciate the recommendations and honesty from people speaking on what they've experienced... :D

Update, I put the 12" proto Icon back in the 2.0@27hz. :D

Damn you guys! I saw this thread and I'm in the same freakin mess! I'm going sealed for SURE, but my choices are Icon, Q, and Magnum (assume all are 12"). SEALED and powered by the old RF 800a2! This amp is only 4Ω stable so it is SUPPOSED to be getting approximately 600-800 RMS. Since the power isn't that high I was leaning towards the new SI Magnum for its SQ reputation while not needing much power, then the SSA Icon for it's good SQ reputation yet still giving you that thump (but haven't heard from a sealed Icon user yet, but hoping Accordman does his review in a sealed enclosure :lurk: ), but the Fi is so damn sexy..... What to DO man what to DO? Oh yeah, I'm new and be nice....

PS: I listen to Soul, R&B, Rap, and some alternative-type-ish Rock. I LOVE good heavy rap bass-lines, but I don't play them NEARLY as often as I play music w/out it!

i messed with it in in a sealed box this weekend and it was pleasant sounding, it only had about 600rms on it though so youll get motre output then i got out of it. As for my review my setups are ported. i should be installing this 12 soon and i just ordered 1 of my 2 10s yesterday.