Sign in to follow this  
ibsmooth

new system

I'm putting in a new system 300 amp alternator 4x khc 2000 and yellow top under the hood on a IA 40.1 amp. The subs still thinking about what I should run with this amp any suggestions? I would like to keep the volts at 14.4 no lower than 14.1. Can some tell me how I can do this without have any voltage drop? Do I need to set up the system for 16v to keep the volts at a steady 14.1 or higher?

There's really no way to keep the voltage stable without some serious dough.

Even competitors with sponsors suffer from voltage drop.

You can try a 16v system, but the cost of that will far exceed your current gear. Plus you'll need to either run dual alts (one 16v for the system, one 14.4v for the car) or get a stepdown transformer for the rest of the electrical in your car.

to be honest, I think that voltage drop with that many batteries should be your last concern. If you think you need it, do multiple 1/0 runs from the alt to your bat's, it will help keep em' charged better/quicker. but, imo thats more than enough bat.'s, for only one IA 40.1.

as far as subs go.... how many cubes, what r u looking to get outa them...? goals... ect., and we"ll go from there.

to be honest, I think that voltage drop with that many batteries should be your last concern. If you think you need it, do multiple 1/0 runs from the alt to your bat's, it will help keep em' charged better/quicker. but, imo thats more than enough bat.'s, for only one IA 40.1.

as far as subs go.... how many cubes, what r u looking to get outa them...? goals... ect., and we"ll go from there.

I have about 13 cubes to work with. I