Sign in to follow this  
splblazer98

First Pair of Sundown Audio Nightshade 15's (PICS)

Well in order to have these subs for a team member for the show Jake was nice enough to drop these off on his way through my neighborhood. So these aren't mine, but they will be getting installed tonight by me hopefully :)

I believe these are the first of the subs to be delievered so me > j00

pics

DSCN2631.jpg

DSCN2633.jpg

Awesome packing material

DSCN2634.jpg

DSCN2635.jpg

DSCN2637.jpg

DSCN2638.jpg

DSCN2639.jpg

DSCN2640.jpg

DSCN2642.jpg

very sexy..... my lord... so when you gonna power them up!. what what are your plans for for power anyway

here is my proto test of the 12

Well guys yesterday was my last day to test before my truck left to go to it's new home. I had big plans of spending most of the day testing; however, that wasn't in the cards. To begin the day my charger had screwed up sometime in the past few days leaving my batteries partially drained. I apologize in advance for the inadequacy of these results, but from my limited testing I learned quite a bit about this driver.

Sundowntest.jpg

DSCN2292-1.jpg

DSCN2293.jpg

These numbers probably don't mean much to you so let me do some comparision for you. In that same enclosure in the same test vehicle at the same power, note this was on a much colder day, the Nightshade is about .4-.5db louder than the IA DP and at 20hz lower. However the DP really shined when more power was added, as I expect the same thing would happen with the Sundown Nightshade. I hope to get some more testing done on this driver in the coming week if I can locate adequate power to support it.

Edit Also forgot to add one of the most important parts. When I first spoke with Jake about testing this driver he wanted to see a good rms figure and I came to the conclusion that a prolonged period on ~3-4kw would give a good estimate of how much power the coil could soak up and what the cooling would do. I threw 3.5kw on the driver for ~30 seconds @45hz and got a small amount of smell out of the driver ( nothing more than excess glue burn off ) and the dustcap was barely warm to the touch. Also testing the spl before and after that period yielded minimal difference, maybe .1-.2db. For that reason alone I think the driver could take 5-6kw for a burp without worry.

I did spend a bit of time listening to this driver on ~1500 watts with music and was suprised with the sound of the speaker. It played lower music adequately and didn't strain to drop below 40hz. It was however begging for more power.

Again I'm sorry I couldn't do the full work up as I hoped to, hopefully these minor testing results will show you the potential this subwoofer has.

What is the power rating on these and what si2s do they come in?

thanks. will do research

holy mother of sexy ass sub...wow...wish i had the caash to order at least one of these damn...really nice

4 1500ds

t minus 2 hours til installation

And is that 4 SAZ?

yup

JMS!!

What I want to know is can I do it everyday

or is this sub gear twdrd SPL only

they can be used for daily also.

cant wait to get my order in on 4 of these beast. oh man i cant wait.

I like the bling basket :)

So it matches the amp color scheme, black (cone) to silver (basket) to black (motor).

I like the bling basket :)

So it matches the amp color scheme, black (cone) to silver (basket) to black (motor).

agreed i like the basket, although i'll never see it once its installed

Sign in to follow this