nimbyfaygo

Over a year and I still love my RL-P's

I've owned my 2 RL-P 12's for over a year now. Although the subs were used when I got them. I've had them in 3 separate cars and in 4 different enclosures.

Its hard to describe how much I love these subs, they have a unique sound to them that I just don't want to give up. Right now I have them in a blowthrough style enclosure in a 00 S10 regular cab.

The box is 5.1cu ft. tuned to 30hz using 2 aeroports. I'm still using that Hifonics 1600 watt amp, it seems to be about a perfect match in my opinion.

My upper stage consists of 2003 era Rockford Fosgate, Fanatic X components. With a RF 300.2 amp.

I listen to mostly Metal and Rock. With Rap thrown in when I want to pound the ground. This setup preforms with any of the music I listen to. The double kick drums and bass of the Metal is always clear, fast, and accurate. Even with the subs turned up, they don't over power the rest of the music like so many others.

When I play some nice bass heavy rap, its still clean and accurate, while at the same time being freaking LOUD. The doors visibly move in the sockets, every thing inside the truck moves and flexes. Its an impressive sight!

To sum it up they are great subs that have the ability to excel playing a wide variety of music. While not requiring a huge amount of power to do so.

You are one of many proud owners of the Sound Splinter line-up. They are an awesome sub. I've owned many different subs, and I always find myself right back with an SS. :drink40::neil:

Never selling my signed RL-p. ;)

Never selling my signed RL-p. ;)
I always wanted to get one of those. I had a chance a while back to get two 12"s, but that was befor I knew what SS was.

amen!! i love my soundsplinter subs..never, ever letting them go!!

mike is the man!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: