I am wondering if a brutus 1600 watt is a good amp, i heard it is over rated.

I am soon hoping to order eather a Fi BL or Q dual 2 ohm.

I'm just wondering what some people know about it?

Edited by jdawgg22

Bad amp...

whats wrong with it?

Low quality, overrated specs, low quality...:)

the only thing good about it is the price, but considering what it doesn't do that isn't even so good. :(

i know this guy here in town that thinks thay are the best thing on the earth.... he thinks my sundown is some kind of joke.... . the only joke is that he owns 4... and runs two at a time.... while the other 2 are in the shop.... he rotates. like an arseho.

the Amp you posted on should be alright for the subs you listed, there are better options out there that will get you a better signal and cleaner power, but the 1100-1200 youll get out of the amp you mentioned is plenty for either of the subs.

A friend of mine has one of these in a blzer 2000 - 2001 model with 2 kicker cvx 12's 4 cubes net @ 33hz & it slams & sounds damn good that's only one i've heard & have no idea on the quality of the amps but like I said he gets damn loud with his.

Edited by bigdog829

i got the 1606d, its not bad at all, havent had a problem with it yet but my gain is only at half-way, and i got a loaded SSD 12". i think its like really only 20% over-rated.

i got the 1606d, its not bad at all, havent had a problem with it yet but my gain is only at half-way, and i got a loaded SSD 12". i think its like really only 20% over-rated.

20 percent overrated is alot lol, and the 1600 does about 1200 so its closer to 25 percent

20 percent overrated is alot lol, and the 1600 does about 1200 so its closer to 25 percent

well thats just perfect for my ssd :)

thats why i bought the 1606d instead of the 1206d

Edited by phi

I had a 1606d in my accord and it made my RE SE10's slam. I put it in as a temporary amp, but after using it, I would probably buy on again. It ran hard and stay surprisingly cool. The only downside to the amp is that it didnt have good impact at lower volume levels. Mostly rock musics kick drum was a little muddy compared to my RD Audio 1750.1 But for sheer output and raw power, its a good amp for the money. Better than alot of low price amps on the market right now.

I had a 1606d in my accord and it made my RE SE10's slam. I put it in as a temporary amp, but after using it, I would probably buy on again. It ran hard and stay surprisingly cool. The only downside to the amp is that it didnt have good impact at lower volume levels. Mostly rock musics kick drum was a little muddy compared to my RD Audio 1750.1 But for sheer output and raw power, its a good amp for the money. Better than alot of low price amps on the market right now.

I'd say if an amp makes a negative sonic impact that you can hear on your subs it is a complete piece of trash. Complete.