jdawgg22

15"in Q or BL

Hopefully by saturday i am hoping to order my new fi daul 2 ohm

and i know there isnt to much of a difference between the BL and Q

i know that the Q will hit incredible deep

and the BL hits harder and deep.

but I'm not sure what im not sure what i want.

i am wanting one that will hit deep but still want it to hit hard.

does the Q hit hard or just really deep?

Edited by jdawgg22

use the search at the top of the screen, there is a bunch of stuff on this topic... or just google Fi BL vs. Fi Q

dude...the BL and the Q r nuthin alike.... but they do look the same

use the search at the top of the screen, there is a bunch of stuff on this topic... or just google Fi BL vs. Fi Q

dude...the BL and the Q r nuthin alike.... but they do look the same

i know that i shouldn't have worded it like that.

thanks

what type of system you have?

I'd say your ideas about them are a bit confused. First off...the hitting deep and hitting hard thing are somewhat subjective and more so based on the type of box you will be building with them. I currently own a BL and I have a friend with a Q and like bass4life said, they really arent as similiar as maybe you've been led to believe. The BL will hit and is definetely louder then the Q assuming the power and space requirements are met. But the Q has a more...well it just sounds better lol I think what you need to figure out is if you want it to lean more towards the SPL side or towards the SQ side.

Maybe list some subs you've had/heard that you liked and we can get an idea of what direction you want to go.

also, not sure if u have a system currently, but maybe u can just imagine. About is how loud will you be driving around with the sub? If your planning on bumping this thing at max volume all time, just say you're goin for some crazy SPL and get that BL. haha But if you plan on keeping it turned down for msot part and then when u want some bump u know u can turn it up, I'd say the Q will fit you just fine.

hopefully this helped you!!

Since you use the word hit, I'd guess you fit into the demographic of a BL buyer better. Now please use a musical term.

I'd say your ideas about them are a bit confused. First off...the hitting deep and hitting hard thing are somewhat subjective and more so based on the type of box you will be building with them. I currently own a BL and I have a friend with a Q and like bass4life said, they really arent as similiar as maybe you've been led to believe. The BL will hit and is definetely louder then the Q assuming the power and space requirements are met. But the Q has a more...well it just sounds better lol I think what you need to figure out is if you want it to lean more towards the SPL side or towards the SQ side.

Maybe list some subs you've had/heard that you liked and we can get an idea of what direction you want to go.

also, not sure if u have a system currently, but maybe u can just imagine. About is how loud will you be driving around with the sub? If your planning on bumping this thing at max volume all time, just say you're goin for some crazy SPL and get that BL. haha But if you plan on keeping it turned down for msot part and then when u want some bump u know u can turn it up, I'd say the Q will fit you just fine.

hopefully this helped you!!

yea that helps a lot, right now i have an alpine deck all alpine door speakers a 1600 brutus and a audiobahn aw1508t and before that i had two kicker comps 12. i like the vibrating feeling but i love the deep feeling too. does the BL get low?