Sign in to follow this  
jdawgg22

information on ported and sealed boxes

hey, i am familiar with both ported and sealed boxes.

but im not sure what is better, i know that ported boxes hit cleaner

and i know ported you will have more spl. but i heard that with ported you get cone distoration and the sub hits sloppier.

im just wondering what your specs are?

thanks

It depends on what you like personally.

A ported box can "hit" just as fast as a sealed box. and vice versa.

Perhaps describing your goals and what you want to accomplish would yield you a more specific answer.

Perhaps describing your goals and what you want to accomplish would yield you a more specific answer.

well i cant decide if a 15" Q would sound better sealed than a 15" BL ported

Q will sound better, hands down.... but that really depends on what "good" is to you.

Q will sound better, hands down.... but that really depends on what "good" is to you.

i've heard that most people who get the Q findout it doesnt get as loud as they want it, just to find out what is good to you?

i've heard that most people who get the Q findout it doesnt get as loud as they want it,

Those "most people" must be all bassheads :)

For those of us who aren't, it has more than enough output.

i've heard that most people who get the Q findout it doesnt get as loud as they want it,

hey now. I am a bass head, but that doesn't mean I will accept anything along the lines of distortion. I really just love how bass feels and sounds. I'm just not willing to loose integrity of the sound for louder.

SQ would be in essence trying to get as flat as possible, which to me usualy sounds terrible depending on the recording, and I usualy have to turn down the trebble because I'm sensitive.

hey now. I am a bass head, but that doesn't mean I will accept anything along the lines of distortion. I really just love how bass feels and sounds. I'm just not willing to loose integrity of the sound for louder.

SQ would be in essence trying to get as flat as possible, which to me usualy sounds terrible depending on the recording, and I usualy have to turn down the trebble because I'm sensitive.

so what would you go with?

If you're worried about output, port the Q.

It'll still sound better than the BL ported. Tune it to something around 29hz-32hz and call it a day.

so what would you go with?

Still asking bad questions, it doesn't matter what we would go with but what we'd recommend that you should go with. Considering you haven't at all described your goals, intent, desires, space, power... we can't help. :(