Sign in to follow this  
jdawgg22

need help for my buddy

my buddy is looking to get a new system. he is lookin at 2 15in kicker cvx and a kicker 06ZX1000.1 amp

but im trying to tell him to get 2 BL's what type of amp should i tell him to get for that money?

What money?

he is looking for an amp around 200 to 300 dollars

What does he want out of his setup? Since you made no mention of a front stage, is he just looking for bass with rap music or something more demanding?

Well if he is going to be getting 2 BL's the RMS is 1000 watts each so 2000's watts is the minimum i would personally go with, so, its going to be really hard to find an amp for that price that "actually" puts out 2000 watts, if i were him i would go with the FI SSD's and spend another 100 bux and go with a used Sundown Audio 1500D(Jacob has some with 1 year warranties here on the forum). That amp would be great for those subs, dont worry about the subs being the base model, they are still very good subwoofers i have heard them personally and i really liked them. of coarse the BL's would be nice but with the money ur friend has to spend the SSD's would be a lot better for him, beacuse he would just be underpowering the BL's by a lot.