Sign in to follow this  
basshead08

21's or 18's

I have a gmc single cab ruck. I already have a bed cover and am planning on doing a full blow through (cutting out everything under the back glass) and replacing the back glass with lexan. My problem is that I want to run two dp 21's on a 40.1 but I don't think I will have enough room to run the two subs and the port into the cab. So my decision is probably gonna be between 2 21's with the port somewhere in the bed or 2 18's with the port blowing into the cab. Which of these setups would be the loudest for daily spl? If anyone has any ideas on another way to do this I am open to suggestions. Thanx in advance.

I have a gmc single cab ruck. I already have a bed cover and am planning on doing a full blow through (cutting out everything under the back glass) and replacing the back glass with lexan. My problem is that I want to run two dp 21's on a 40.1 but I don't think I will have enough room to run the two subs and the port into the cab. So my decision is probably gonna be between 2 21's with the port somewhere in the bed or 2 18's with the port blowing into the cab. Which of these setups would be the loudest for daily spl? If anyone has any ideas on another way to do this I am open to suggestions. Thanx in advance.

Personally I would

Get a Leer Topper

Go with the 21s (daily spl why not a wind machine!?)

Why Lexan?

Joe

Personally I would

Get a Leer Topper

Go with the 21s (daily spl why not a wind machine!?)

Why Lexan?

Joe

I'm goin with lexan because I don't wanna have to keep replacing glass.

How much room do you have?

Thanks,

Nick

If you're talking about cubic feet I'm not sure yet but if you are talking about the cutout, the cutout can be up to 65x26 inches.

If you're talking about cubic feet I'm not sure yet but if you are talking about the cutout, the cutout can be up to 65x26 inches.

Sounds like you have room for 21's if you dont mind waiting a few months.

If you want it now, 18's will be here very very soon

I can definitely wait. How big does the port have to be for 2 of the 21's?

Edited by basshead08

I haven't looked at any specs on the DP drivers but in my experience with doing blowthroughs, bandpass is the way to go. I've done three 4th order blowthroughs and one series tuned 6th order.

I haven't looked at any specs on the DP drivers but in my experience with doing blowthroughs, bandpass is the way to go. I've done three 4th order blowthroughs and one series tuned 6th order.

could you send a link or something on building a bbandpass. I have never built one.