tankht56

SSA Member Survey

1. How old are you? 17

2. When or how did you first get into car audio? When I was 14 I found an old audiobahn sub in my basement and starting playing around with that. Then a friend got me a hookup on some DD 1008's. I had no idea DD was such a good brand at the time but I was impressed from the performance and then it sorta just went from there

3. Your first Car? 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE

4. What was your first system? (2) DD 1008a's in 1.5 cubes @ 33hz running off an audiopipe AP-1500, alpine ida-x200, DD coaxials and a sony XM-3520

5. Whats you favorite car audio brand? SSA/DD

6. Who is your hero in the car audio industry? Gary Killian/Yujang Jin (both have nasty low end setups and that's what I love lol)

7. Whats your dream system? Probably something like 4 xcon 18's...my goal would be to do 155's @ 30hz with less than 5k

8. Whats your dream car? I don't like how any of the cars look...honestly if my current pathfinder was in excellent condition I'd be happy

9. Whats the best sounding car you have heard? Best sounding car would be mine, loudest car would be Mike Travassos' explorer with 6 DC 15's doing 158's

10. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? I usually trade or buy used from other people on caraudio.com

11. What is your day job? Been unemployed for the past 3 years crap.gif

12. Do you build your own boxes? Yeah, as well as build them for other people (which sorta makes up for the whole me being unemployed thing)

13. Whats is your most recent audio addition? Getting as loud and low as possible without upgrading my amps

Edited by Kangaroux

Since Mr Flint brought this up to the top of my 'new posts' list, I wanna play along,  I like questionaires.LOL

Ok lets get the survey started .....
1. How old are you?       40 years young

2. When did you get into car audio?

my cuz had 2 12's in his 280zx- circa 1986- and I was hooked on boom

3. How did you first get into car audio?  see above

4. Whats your favorite color?  black

5. Male or female? male

6. Your first Car?  1984 Mazda p'up-  same thing as a Ford Currier at the time

8. How did you find out about this site?  The Fi Website

9. What was your first system?  I put a Kenwood deck and some Coustics in my Mazda...does that count?LOL Other than that-I had 2 gold

label kicker 12's in a truck box and a Pyrimid PB600 That my friends and I would hook up in whatever we were taking out that night.LOL

11. Were do you live?  Brewton AL

12. Whats you favorite car audio brand?  too many to list- though they have shifted since being on here

15. Who is our hero in the car audio industry?       Whoever invented the subwoofer.

16. Whats your dream system?  Ever changing-  Right now a pair of 18's in my Burb...in the process of acheiving it.

17. Whats your dream car?  there isn't 1....I have many

18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in?  My Trans Am

19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products?  A shop if they are doing the install, If I am installing, the online.

20. What is your job?  Maitenence coordinator for an offshore oil and gas company - been in this industry since I was 21.

21. Whats your favorite saying?  Life is like Eating Jalapeno's, what you do today may burn you ass tomorrow!

24. Whats your favorite brand of cars?  General Motors

25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's?  If it has 4 wheels and a V8....I am good

29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased?  Audio- Incriminator Death Row 18" Sub.  In general- a Mountain Dew.LOL

31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA?  There are many

32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment?  Never had a TL in any of my rides.

33. SQ or SPL? why?         I'll say SPL.  I like it to sound good, but I like more bass than a real SQ setup needs.

Anyone else notice the questions have some #'s missing?LOL

I'm not sure how I missed this thread when it popped up over the years.

Here goes:

1. How old are you? -------- 34

2. When did you get into car audio? -------- Before I was 16. Had several older friends who were well versed in audio and competition.

3. How did you first get into car audio? -------- ^^ The aforementioned friends who introduced me to audio got me hooked.

4. Whats your favorite color? -------- I tell everyone, CLEAR.

5. Male or female? -------- Male, but with a name like mine I can understand some confusion on the part of people who've never met me.

6. Your first Car? -------- A nicely modified 1970 Chevy C10 Heavy-half 2WD with 388 stroker, 350 turbo trans, 4.23:1 gear ratio, front/rear roll pans, dual working hood scoops, '72 front clip, custom grill, custom tail lights, Western Wheels rims with 255-55-R15 front and 315-55-R15 tires rear, custom interior, seats out of a 72 Lincoln Continental and one of those foot shaped gas pedals.

8. How did you find out about this site? -------- What seems like a long time ago I was seeking accurate information on some products, found this forum to be indispensable and never left.

9. What was your first system? -------- Oh dear Lord, that's a scary question. In that '70 Chevy it was a Pioneer cassette deck, Audiovox tweeters on the dash, Audiovox 6x9's, US Amps A50HC amp, pair of 12" Thump subwoofers in custom built and weather sealed box in the bed of the truck because the gas tank was behind the seats.

11. Were do you live? -------- Monroe City, Indiana

12. Whats you favorite car audio brand? -------- No specific one. SSA, Fi Car Audio, Sundown, Bravox, Kenwood, Alpine, JBL are among the top of my list though.

15. Who is our hero in the car audio industry? -------- Um, if I had to narrow it down to one person I'd say Alma Gates. Simply because she was living proof that age doesn't matter.

16. Whats your dream system? -------- One that has perfect response with perfect stage and imaging that can still rattle a window or two.

17. Whats your dream car? -------- One that I can buy for under $100 that gets over 100 MPG and goes 0-60MPH in under 3 seconds. What? You said dream car.

18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in? -------- That would have to be my buddies 1968 Camaro setup for drag racing. Covers 1/8th mile in 5 seconds flat at 138+ MPH.

19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? ------- Internet.

20. What is your job? -------- Pipeline Operator

21. Whats your favorite saying? -------- Mnah, what's up doc? LOL

24. Whats your favorite brand of cars? -------- GM/Chevy

25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's? -------- Whichever one fits what I need it to do.

29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased? -------- Supper last night. Oh wait, you mean car audio related right? A pair of Dayton RS180-4 woofers.

31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA? -------- Me? LMAO, I have to say that collectively as a group we all bring something special to the table.

32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment? -------- What's a TL? Ok, Ok, I've never been metered on a TL.

33. SQ or SPL? why? -------- SQ of course. Sure it's fun to show off and get loud but the music is what's important to me and being able to listen to it with all the quality that was intended with every nuance and detail as if I was there when it was being recorded is what my goal in audio is.

Yeah I noticed that things didn't seem to quite add up right, lol.

1. How old are you? 20 yrs 11 months 
2. When did you get into car audio? High school
3. How did you first get into car audio? Sister had Rockford set up with HX2 12s and Punch amps back in 02 - I was instantly hooked!
4. Whats your favorite color? Red
5. Male or female? I am Male.
6. Your first Car? 02 Yukon XL denali I bought with money I earned during high school.
8. How did you find out about this site? Google search or possibly researching about Fi and I was brought here!
9. What was your first system? 2 JBL P1222 12s on a Soundstream Picasso 2k @ 1 ohm.
11. Were do you live? St.Pete, FL
12. Whats you favorite car audio brand? Psi, Flatline, Fi, many great ones out there.
15. Who is your hero in the car audio industry? Pipo Sanchez - bass box champ and demo king!
16. Whats your dream system? Something that always works without issue. 
17. Whats your dream car? 71 Chevelle SS 
18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in? Hmmm, either my neighbors Ferrari or my friends twin turbo BMW which 0-60 & 0-90 is way way quicker.
19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? Direct from the company.
20. What is your job? City worker - full time college student.
21. Whats your favorite saying? i read somewhere their periods attract bears. bears can smell the menstruation 
24. Whats your favorite brand of cars? GM
25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's? Pretty one wink.png
29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased? Vossen 84 staggered wheels/tires.
31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA? There's many people smile.png
32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment? 149.5dB outlaw 2 Psi 12s, 1 Flatline FL1.
33. SQ or SPL? why? SPL, compete in dB Drag Bassrace 130.0-139.9! I do respect all the work put into SQ builds though!!

Edited by reelfish92

Here goes:

6. Your first Car? -------- <snip> one of those foot shaped gas pedals.

LMAO!! Those were the hot ticket!!

3. How did you first get into car audio? Sister had Rockford set up with HX2 12s and Punch amps back in 02 - I was instantly hooked!

Cool- don't see many chicks round my area rocking a system in their ride.

Here goes:

Hell yeah, instantly added another 100hp!  LMAO...  It really fit the personality of the truck though and my wife loved it because when she drove bare foot she could wrap her toes over the top of it to help hold her foot up there, lol.

Ha!  You are a bit younger than I, But back in 1989- we thought the 'big foot' gas pedals were the cat's meow, so to speak.  i never had one- but many of my friends did.

Here goes:

>1.

Cool- don't see many chicks round my area rocking a system in their ride.

I rarely ever see females with systems. The one's that do, have crappy setups there boyfriend put in. My sister's boyfriend that year put the full Rockford system and nice wheels on her Infiniti. His extra car was a Bentley Continental GT sitting pretty on some staggered wheels, that she frequently drove. :D

1. How old are you? 28

2. When did you get into car audio? 14

3. How did you first get into car audio? my friend had a system and it was really cool

4. Whats your favorite color. black

5. Male or female?  male

6. Your first Car? 92 toyota celica gt

8. How did you find out about this site? word of mouth

9. What was your first system? old school rf subs and lighting audio amp lol

11. Were do you live? utica ny

12. Whats you favorite car audio brand? Digital design

15. Who is our hero in the car audio industry? steve meade

16. Whats your dream system? What i have now, but with a M4a Amp

17. Whats your dream car? lamborghini gallardo twin turbo

18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in? mine 140mph unfortunately.

19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? My local dealer, syracuse customs

20. What is your job? County emergency tellecommunicator

21. Whats your favorite saying? live with no regrets.

24. Whats your favorite brand of cars? lambo

25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's? all

29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased? digital design 9915

31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA? don't k now

32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment? dont kno

33. SQ or SPL? why? both!

1. How old are you? 27
2. When did you get into car audio? At 19 years old
3. How did you first get into car audio? Thanks to the paycheck-busting employees at Tweeter and hype over JL Audio
4. Whats your favorite color Burgundy. What is the land speed of an unladen swallow?
5. Male or female? Male
6. Your first Car? 1999 Ford Probe SE

8. How did you find out about this site? I'm one of the few people who actually use Google
9. What was your first system? Aiwa MP3 deck, Bazooka coaxial speakers
11. Were do you live? Los Angeles
12. Whats you favorite car audio brand? Ooooh tough. I'm going to have to go with Zed right now just because of how awesome Steve has been post-sales.
15. Who is our hero in the car audio industry? Should that be your hero? I don't have one. Everybody is a mentor to me.
16. Whats your dream system? Hertz Mille or Scanspeak Revelator 3-way front stage, 2 Morel Ultimo subs in the back, McIntosh 5000 series proc, Panny Bottlehead deck

17. Whats your dream car? Jaguar XJL
18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in? Lamborgini Murcielago
19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? Vertex Audio (dons flame shield). Really, I try to get as much used product in sales or trades as I can
20. What is your job? Navy Nuclear Electronics Technician
21. Whats your favorite saying? Better to let the world think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
24. Whats your favorite brand of cars? Audi
25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's? Each for its own merits. I won't pick a favorite
29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased? SSA ICON 10" D1. Currently in the build process
31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA? Too new to say
32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment? Never been metered, but I will someday
33. SQ or SPL? why? SQL. I like clean, loud, and as close to live as I can reasonably get

Edited by neo_styles

1. How old are you? 24

2. When or how did you first get into car audio? 21 22

3. Your first Car? the car im still driving now a 2000 toyota camry will replace it when i can find a good priced 4 runner or sequia or how ever you spell it

4. What was your first system? a kenwood 12 and some shitty home theater subwoofer on a alpine amp

5. Whats you favorite car audio brand? im not just stuck to one audio brand

6. Who is your hero in the car audio industry? twistedchild420 and justin of ssa and many more that cannot be remember

7. Whats your dream system? no wall 2 to 4 15 ground zero inverted spl extreme subwoofers on there 22000.1 amp on a 16.8 to a 18.6v charge

8. Whats your dream car? to many to name but would be a 60's chevy bel air 4 door

9. Whats the best sounding car you have heard? youtube channel jcplaya he is a team deadly hertz member

10. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? anywhere i can get it not just cheap but also get it fast and hastle free

11. What is your day job? amazon night shift crew

12. Do you build your own boxes? yes i do i plan to build a bigger one for the subs i have now

13. Whats is your most recent audio addition? knukoncepts 1/0 and cadence xenith 6.9

Edited by grumby13

Awesome!  Kinda like Homer Simpson?lol  j/k

1. How old are you?

I was about 12 or 13, so 94 or 95.

3. How did you first get into car audio?

My dad gave my sister's boyfriend a 4 banger Mustang that we had sitting in the backyard for his first car. My now bro-in-law threw some deep dish Hammers on it and installed a couple of Kicker 12's in the trunk. From the first time I heard that Boom, I was hooked. Use to beg him to take me anywhere and everywhere with him. My favorite song for him to play was Journey Into Bass.

4. Whats your favorite color

Lime green

5. Male or female?

Male

6. Your first Car?

1979 Plymouth Volar

8. How did you find out about this site?

Don't remember.

9. What was your first system?

My first sytem was in my buddy's car when we were like 17. He had a 79 Olds Delta 88. One of our friends gave us a Kicker Comp 15 and we built a huge leaky particle board sealed box for it. Ran it off a Blue Jensen 300 watt 2 channel with the diamond plate on it and an Autozone Rampage CD player. We thought we were hot shit, lol.

11. Were do you live?

Tampa, FL

12. Whats you favorite car audio brand?

Sundown and (don't laugh) Audiopipe

15. Who is your hero in the car audio industry?

Robin "iamamp3pimp" Butler and Jason "Fawking" Myers

16. Whats your dream system?

Subs: 4 Sundown Zv4 18's in a 4th order wall

Amps: Subs: 2 NS1v2's Mids: SAX 200.4 Tweets: SAX 150.2

Mids: Audiopipe APMB8's (2 in each door bridged on the 200.4 at 4 ohms x 2)

Tweets: 1 Audiopipe ATR-3721 in each door

Source: Pioneer 80PRS (Active)

XS Batts, Singer Alt(s), All XS OFC wire

17. Whats your dream car?

2013 Chevy Tahoe

18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in?

My dad's 77 Corvette Stingray

19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products?

Ebay/VMinnovations

20. What is your job?

Full-time Student at Rasmussen College for my AS in Network Admin

21. Whats your favorite saying?

Just another day in paradise.

24. Whats your favorite brand of cars?

Chevrolet

25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's?

SUV's

29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased?

Sundown X-12

31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA?

M5 has a lot of useful knowledge to offer, even though he can be a sarcastic dick about it at times.

32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment?

Believe it was a 144.7 sealed up legal on the dash burp at 41Hz. Crescendo 3KWP, RD Alpha/PSI Hybrid 15, in the trunk of my old Mazda Protégé ES. Box was around 3.4 net tuned at 31Hz.

33. SQ or SPL? why?

&quot;SQL&quot;. I like to make it sound as good as possible but still get loud as balls when I want it to.

Awesome!  Kinda like Homer Simpson?lol  j/k

Scarily similar, believe it or not. I think Matt Groenig knew a few too many Navy Nukes...

1. How old are you? 26 yrs

2. When did you get into car audio? 18 yrs old

3. How did you first get into car audio? My cousin.

4. Whats your favorite color red/black

5. Male or female? M

6. Your first Car? Olds cutlass

8. How did you find out about this site? Fi car audio

9. What was your first system? 2 volfenhag 12s on a RF 801s

11. Were do you live? OH

12. Whats you favorite car audio brand? MMATS

15. Who is our hero in the car audio industry? Mike Singer

16. Whats your dream system? 2 RE XXX 18s on two mmats d300hcs

17. Whats your dream car? Volkswagen Golf, Subaru WRX, Pontiac GTO 6.0, Jeep SRT,

18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in? 87 corvette

19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? online

20. What is your job? Pet Crematory driver/worker

21. Whats your favorite saying? What will be will be

24. Whats your favorite brand of cars? GM

25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's? Cars, trucks, and SUVs =] but cars

29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased? Fi Q gen 2 motor

31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA? moderators

32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment? ~143

33. SQ or SPL? why? SQ, knowledge of limits, no worries of over pushing, correct voltage, perfect physics and install

k lets get the survey started .....

1. How old are you?

3. How did you first get into car audio?

I've always been into music, all my life, when I got my license dad let me put a system in his red ford galaxy 500 stationwagon, wha a geek car that was

4. Whats your favorite color

purple

5. Male or female?

male

6. Your first Car?

1965 Monte Carlo

8. How did you find out about this site?

Google

9. What was your first system?

Pioneer super tuner, the obe with the round tuner, 7 band eq powerbooster and Jenson 6x9's in a homemade box

11. Were do you live?

Wisconsin

12. Whats you favorite car audio brand?

Kenwood

15. Who is our hero in the car audio industry?

16. Whats your dream system?

17. Whats your dream car?

Ferrari 458 Italia

18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in?

my 2nd car, 1978 Z28, it was not stock

19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products?

Crutchfield

20. What is your job?

Computer technician

21. Whats your favorite saying?

24. Whats your favorite brand of cars?

Toyota

25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's?

Vans

29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased?

mountain bike

31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA?

32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment?

33. SQ or SPL? why?

1. How old are you? Currently 31
2. When did you get into car audio? When I was 13 my moms current boyfriend let me help him install a system in his Geo Tracker
3. How did you first get into car audio? After my first encounter with car audio I was hooked. I would do all the research with magazines like "Lowrider and Crutchfield"
4. Whats your favorite color Lime Green
5. Male or female? Male
6. Your first Car? 82 Buick Lesabre
8. How did you find out about this site? Researching personal experience with the 18" Fi BTL. Later met Sencheezy and he told me to frequent more often.
9. What was your first system? Eclipse HU, Eclipse 4 channel, Alpine coax 6.5's, Two 10" first gen Mtx Terminators on Bridged Rockwood 2 channel 600 watt.
11. Were do you live? Nashville
12. Whats you favorite car audio brand? Changes too much for a single brand. Used to be Cerwin Vega then Phoenix Gold then Eclipse. Companies change\sellout too much to pick a favorite any longer.
15. Who is our hero in the car audio industry? Eric Stevens
16. Whats your dream system? No specific brand except horns. ID ultra full size, Two 10" midbass in doors, Linear power amps & two 18" Infinite baffle behind my head.
17. Whats your dream car? 71' Chevelle SS 454
18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in? Fastest 1996 Dodge Viper (Moms ex husband the mechanic let me drive it) Fastest accelerating was my 72' nova, but it was built for 1/8th drag and wouldn't break 150 since it wasn't geared for it.
19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? Used from the internet
20. What is your job? IT Mobile Sr Support Specialist
21. Whats your favorite saying? Deez nutz
24. Whats your favorite brand of cars? I'll never say
25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's? SUV's
29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased? Speaker rings
31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA? Probably M5. That bastard is too smart and I wanna hurt him. :)
32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment? Officially a 149.2
33. SQ or SPL? why? SQ, because I enjoy high fidelity music. I find it hard to like boom, slap, slap, rattle rattle, ting daily. 

1. How old are you? 32

2. When did you get into car audio? When i was 16

3. How did you first get into car audio? Bought some pyramid 10's at a yard sale.

4. Whats your favorite color? Dark red

5. Male or female? Male

6. Your first Car? 83' dodge ram short box

8. How did you find out about this site? Came up in the search for walled vehicles.

9. What was your first system? 2 pyramid10's( in a crude sealed box made from and old cabinet) walmart road gear amp, pioneer hu, pioneer 6x9's.

11. Were do you live? Evansville, IN

12. Whats you favorite car audio brand? Don't have a. Particularly favorite one.

15. Who is our hero in the car audio industry? Alma Gates

16. Whats your dream system? Something that will knock tour socks off and sound great doing it.

17. Whats your dream car? 1st generation dodge crew cab 4x4 with a cummins turbo diesel.

18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in? Driven-500hp cowboys. Ridden-viper gts coupe.

19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? Online/a local place i get a discount from.

20. What is your job? Fork lift driver

21. Whats your favorite saying? "That's what i thought too... then i sold the farm."

24. Whats your favorite brand of cars? Mopar

25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's? Trucks/SUV

29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased? A pioneer home receiver.

31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA? I would say M5, but there are number who also are.

32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment? 147.6@headrest...pioneer premier 380(?)HU, infinity kappa 5.25components(front) kappa 5.25's rear on an infinity kappa 4ch. Kove armageddon Z in 4.5^3 tuned to 42(i think). Pushed by a Kove zx1000 mono amp. Stock electrical with a red top batt.

33. SQ or SPL? why? I prefer quality, but i still like it loud. Because if it doesn't sound good to me, i dint see the point

Don't get me wrong, i enjoy watching people push the limits. I just prefer my stuff to sound good as well(to me that is)

1. How old are you? 44

2. When did you get into car audio? 1985

3. How did you first get into car audio? My friends brother had a truck full of RF equipment, first time I heard it I was hooked

4. Whats your favorite color Black

5. Male or female? Male

6. Your first Car? 1977 Mustang

8. How did you find out about this site? Saw SSA on the RF forum, looked them up and found the site

9. What was your first system? 2 MTX 10's with the mids and tweeters int the box, Clarion amp and Pioneer 2 knob deck

11. Were do you live? Modesto, CA

12. Whats you favorite car audio brand? SSA

15. Who is our hero in the car audio industry? In the beginning, Richard Clark. Now it's James Taylor

16. Whats your dream system? I have a few lol

17. Whats your dream car? New corvette

18. Whats the fastest car you have driven/ridden in? 10.5 second Chevy truck

19. Were do you buy most of your car audio products? Online, SSA 

20. What is your job? Superintendent for hospital construction

21. Whats your favorite saying? You got the easy part done, you talked about it

24. Whats your favorite brand of cars? Chevy

25. What do you like better, cars, vans, trucks, or suv's? Trucks

29. Whats is the most recent thing you have purchased? Q-mat sound deadener

31. Who do you think is the most knowledgeable person on SSA? Not sure

32. What is your personal best on the TL? and with what equipment? Never measured

33. SQ or SPL? why? &quot;SQL&quot;, it has to sound great and has to be loud.