hunter86

non magnetized magnet what to do?

hey i may be buying an rlp 15 cheap but the guy didnt know what was wrong with the sub until i asked him about the the mag not being magnetized...would it be under coverage for him? warranty or something, or can i buy it have it shipped to you guys and you guys get it magnetized? thqnk you much hunterw

A magnet just doesn't 'demagnetize'...

A magnet just doesn't 'demagnetize'...

that i know it means it was nevermagnetized in the first place.

I'm confused on how a unmagnetized RL-P would even have been sold. I remember some TC motors were sold awhile ago that were unmagnetized, perhaps someone put a recone on one?

h bought it from thilo a while back. when they were switching building locations.i think that he maybe sol

h bought it from thilo a while back. when they were switching building locations.i think that he maybe sol

Big question is why was thilo selling Mike's product?

i was thinking the same thing. almost edited that not to get anyone mad at anyone

Because Mike's product is actually just remarked TC products so in the end they are Thilo's products.

Because Mike's product is actually just remarked TC products so in the end they are Thilo's products.

Not with the SS logo...

Not with the SS logo...

Thilo makes the entire driver, SS logo and all and ships it to Soundsplinter. The only difference between an SS sub and a TC one is the color of the cone and the logo on it.

He might produce the subwoofer as an OEM, but he does not have rights to sell them under that name.

Not with the SS logo...

Thilo makes the entire driver, SS logo and all and ships it to Soundsplinter. The only difference between an SS sub and a TC one is the color of the cone and the logo on it.

and the tc-9 based rl-p is changed up a bit from the standard tc-9. the rl-i is an exact copy of the tc 2hp(iirc). and as scott mentioned, even though tc is the OEM, it doesn't give them the rights to the SoundSplinter name or product built for them. if thilo is as shady as some have him pegged to be though.....

email mike directly at mike@soundsplinter.com and see what he has to say.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

They are not exactly the same as TC, they were just built there.

My apologies for the lag time on this thread. I was contacted about this twice, and responded via email on January 31st and again on March 26th. Magnetization is one of the last stages in the build process. The speaker to which you are referring was not sold by me, and was either a refurbished model or something that TC had pieced together with whatever spare parts they had left on hand (and obviously forgot to magnetize the mother!). If I had a magnetizer, I would happily do it for ya, but alas I am just the end retailer.

You'd have to take it up with Thilo, or fire a message to Nick, that sexy beast! :neil: