i have a hifonics bxi1600, and i know no one likes them very much but im hoping you can answer some of my questions.

my friend just got a 15" BL daul 2 ohm and after awhile i amp will turn off for about a minute but it is still lit up just very dim. i am runninh 4 gauge wire and i want to know if maybe it is because my amp isnt getting enough power and i should go for 2 gauge wire

thanks

i have a hifonics bxi1600, and i know no one likes them very much but im hoping you can answer some of my questions.

my friend just got a 15" BL daul 2 ohm and after awhile i amp will turn off for about a minute but it is still lit up just very dim. i am runninh 4 gauge wire and i want to know if maybe it is because my amp isnt getting enough power and i should go for 2 gauge wire

thanks

probably because of your wiring, did you upgrade to the big three> i would suggest that you go to at least 2ga wires, better to go with 0ga.

i dont think it's solely the power wire.

Get a DMM and check the voltage at the amp.

The ground sounds like it needs attention.

Because you say it comes back on but very dim, if the power wire were too small, turning it down just a little would fix the problem.

It's assumed you've tried that when you first noticed it and it didn't "fix itself" so again, check the ground.

i dont think it's solely the power wire.

Get a DMM and check the voltage at the amp.

The ground sounds like it needs attention.

Because you say it comes back on but very dim, if the power wire were too small, turning it down just a little would fix the problem.

It's assumed you've tried that when you first noticed it and it didn't "fix itself" so again, check the ground.

when it stop pushing power to the sub the light on the amp is dim but i popped my hood to look at my fuse block and the wire running from the battery to the fuse block is hotter and seems close to melting but on the other side of the fuse block it is fine.

im not sure if that means anything else,

Loose connection in the fuse block?

Loose connection in the fuse block?

its not really a fuse block its like a circuit breaker i got from the flea market but i'm pretty sure its not a loose connection,

could it be that maybe its a crappy fuse block?

Somehow the words "Crappy circuit breaker" and "flea market" set off alarms in my head.

Dunno why...

Somehow the words "Crappy circuit breaker" and "flea market" set off alarms in my head.

Dunno why...

haha, so what type of a fuse block would you prefer??