Tirefryr

Anyone here work in a shop

I need an install kit for a '99 Explorer and the harnesses for power and speakers also? Can anyone hook me up. I'm finding little on the net, and the ones I have found, I'm not fond of. Thanks!

3? I was only able to find one from Scosche, and it was on SD. It had some CD trays ont he bottom which I'm not too keen on. I would do something custom, but don't have the time for this vehicle.

Nobody around here has any in stock, and if I have to order something, it's not going to be through BB or CC. The place I used to buy kits from went out of business. They had awesome Metra kits, 2 whole rooms full of dash kits, it was amazing. Every other shop around here dicks me around all the time trying to sell me stuff I don't need and put some knowledge in my head I've had for years. Just don't like to hassle with these people around here.

I might have a lock on a nice one though through a buddy. I'll keep you in mind if this falls through. Thank you for the offer!

The only thing they have that will work for me is a double din unit, then I have to spend extar on the pocket to fill in the lower part. No thanks. And that site is a pin to navigate and look at IMO. Thanks for the link though.

The first and last ones, must be combined to fit my needs. More money than I want to spend. The other 2, I'm not too keen on, besides, nobody around here carries them, and everything I'm finding online is Scosche. Where's Metra when you need them?

The first and last ones, must be combined to fit my needs.  More money than I want to spend.  The other 2, I'm not too keen on, besides, nobody around here carries them, and everything I'm finding online is Scosche.  Where's Metra when you need them?

i'll look tomorrow at scotts...

he won't have the speaker harness adapters.....

is this for a premium sound system..i believe the wiring harness' are different..

so u want the cd tray's??

lemme know soon!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

No, I do not want the CD trays. The harness, I can do without, but would prefer it. It would just make it easier to throw back the stock unit in; a big plus since I'm only driving this thing for a few weeks. Thank Ya!

ok.....scott has got one kit, and it has a little ovalish storage tray under the h/u opening....

he has the h/u wiring harness as well....but not speaker harness'

$10 for the dash kit..and i didn't get a price for the wiring harness..i forgot...hehe

lemme know..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I got a used one...........used it on the 97 mountaineer. Works just fine. 5 bucks shipped to you man.

J

Do you have any pics of it? Will it fit a single DIN unit?

Do you have any pics of it?  Will it fit a single DIN unit?

so u need a dash kit for a single din dash?? not a kit to fit a din and a hlf or double din?

or am i reading this wrong??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

The stock unit is double DIN.. I'm putting the ALPINE in it, single DIN.