audio-neon

Building another car?

Another Street A db Drag car?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do it?

• Yes
    • No
    • wait another season?

Well its tax-return time and I'm officially debt free, and its also the the start of audio season. The question is should I buy and build a new street A car.

This season the car would get a modest treatment, 2 runs of 1/0 wiring, a good battery, 2 saz-3000d's, 2 (10" subs undecided but would have to be pretty beastly).

The following season it would get the fun treatment, 4-6 runs of 1/0, countless hours of termlab testing/box building etc... Should I do it, represent Sundown Audio and SSA again?

I'm leaning towards yes, Its a great hobby and if I could nab a cheap crx/omni etc... I should be pretty solid in the north east.

I don't know how Debt free feels (almost there), but I bet it feels great!

I said yes, but i'll tack this on the back end.. Only if you can do it with out going back into debt.

I will make this very clear, unlike last year this car won't be a rushed product.

I am looking to buy a car just for audio, one that I can build from the ground up while not trying to rush to put it back together so that I can get to work. I'm not going to make any promises if I do build the car, but I am already working on the monetary details to see if it will be able to be completed before July, if not I will cut back to a single 12 and probably a single saz-3000d until the following season.

This year in St A you can only have one amp. But I would go for it now and test and build it up so your that much further next year.

What about saving for the Camaro?

Fun car > spl :drink40:

If you debt free, start dumping some money into a nice low risk, medium yield investment. Then with the interest, build a new set up. ;)

The camaro is still unpractical and would be a three/four year investment. I'm going back to school in the fall. Car audio on the other hand is something I'm not obligated to pay for unless I want to. I enjoy the hobby and it gets me out of the house.

The change to one amp will be different but the Saz-3000d should be more than enough power for my area.

If you debt free, start dumping some money into a nice low risk, medium yield investment. Then with the interest, build a new set up. ;)

That is what I was going to say. Bank whatever you can and just hang on to it until you have your mind made up on what exactly you want to do.

That is what I was going to say. Bank whatever you can and just hang on to it until you have your mind made up on what exactly you want to do.

I basically get the best of both worlds. I get some more money in the bank, another toy and when I graduate college I can buy pretty much any car I want... It seems like more fun than buying a camaro in September, driving until november, garaging until april and paying for it for 4-5 years.

Save it for the pending recession...

Indeed... I am feeling rough times ahead.

shame you're not closer to me, i know where a GLH-T is sitting for cheap as hell. not running ATM but just a few small things wrong with it. i would have already been building it up if i didn't have the fiero.

I vote go for it. I can live vicariously through you.

lol, so I take it your done competing?

No, did a little last year. Just don't think life will allow me to this year.

No, did a little last year. Just don't think life will allow me to this year.

I hear you there, competing is strenuous on schedule's and finances.

...of course you could spend it on some Sundown stuff!

...of course you could spend it on some Sundown stuff!

fing05.gif

hey man, its matt.. do it man! would be great fro another street a guy around here..

im building up the neon again, and saving for a TL myself..

unfortunately, the neons tranny is on its way out fast.. so i may need to save up for a new car..

i was thiniking a wagon.. that should do it, lol

what are you driving around now man??

do it do it do it. but would you be running 2 saz3000 off one battery??

New Street A... 1 amp. (1 saz-3000d, 1 battery)

Matt, i'm looking for a crx.

Sorry to hear about the transmission, never had any problems with that in neons (except for the one i beat the crap out of.)

lol, yea, the tranny is my fault.. i like to be an idiot.. lol

the car has been SO reliable.. so, so, so..

i havent had to put 1 cent into it.. except for what i want..

lol.. i dont want it to go, but maybe its just something small that if i fix now it wont be alot in the future..

what subs do you plan on running?

i want to get another one, even thought they are not the best spl cars i just have so much chit i bought for it.. the alternator (400) the exterior parts.. i mena i have like 1000 worth the neon parts including the stuff that came on it when i bought it from you