jdawgg22

sound damping

im looking for something you can buy at walmart or something like that for my trunk, to help stop the rattle and help the sound out a little?

any suggestions

Edited by jdawgg22

I really doubt Walmart sells anything that'll help.

I really doubt Walmart sells anything that'll help.

me eather, but do you have any suggestions, im really just looking for something to stop the rattle more than the sound.

hey guys, for second skin audio when you click products to the left there are about 3-4 different kinds..which do you suggests for our needs?

hey guys, for second skin audio when you click products to the left there are about 3-4 different kinds..which do you suggests for our needs?

Start with damplifier. Its your basic sound deadening tool (although second skins sound deadening is second to none in my book). Don't worry about the paints, overkill is nice too and not too expensive to use on the back of interior panels.

that stuff is better then dynamat extreme? 36 sq ft of dynamat extreme is about $60 on ebay...40sq ft of damplifier is $96 so is the $36 worth the difference?

From personal experience with both products I still turn to ant and second skin every time I start a new project.

ok thanx...i guess you get what you pay for..time to nut up and pay for the better product..lol :drink40:

What is the advantage with using overkill instead of another layer of damplifier?

dynomat is not that great especially for the price. second skin is the best. i think raam mats are the closest to second skin, performance and price. edead stuff is good to, their new stuff. id go with raam if you dont wanna pay a lot. i have used edead and raam.

ive herd if you have the coin dyno extreme is the way to go, ive used the new edead and b-quiet ultimate (the butyl one) both were good for what i needed them for. Depends on what your looking todo and how much your willing to spend.

If you dont mind spending a bit more time...you can always do peal and seal just make sure to use caulking to seal the edges after you apply it so you dont get the smell or the leaking. (taking it off ...well good luck)

spray foam will also help with rattles.

but its like everything else...the right way is normally more expensive.

ive herd if you have the coin dyno extreme is the way to go, ive used the new edead and b-quiet ultimate (the butyl one) both were good for what i needed them for. Depends on what your looking todo and how much your willing to spend.

If you dont mind spending a bit more time...you can always do peal and seal just make sure to use caulking to seal the edges after you apply it so you dont get the smell or the leaking. (taking it off ...well good luck)

spray foam will also help with rattles.

but its like everything else...the right way is normally more expensive.

x2

I agree that you get what you pay for, I would however choose damplifier (the regular stuff) over dynamat xtreme, and damplifier pro is the best product I have ever touched for sound deadening.