JoshHd6

NEW BTL MAY 1st?

going thru this thread i see some say the btl is actually clean..so i was wondering can this sub be used daily with no regrets if you listen to rap and rock? i guess im just trying to figure out your definition of clean..

I played electro bass all the way up to Pantera and it produced. Kinda why I want 2 now. If your good with attenuation between genres you will be happy. Its like Vinny Paul is in the back with his set....lol

They sound great to me and can be beat on when you want it.

what other subs have you owned in the past before listening to the btl's?

LOL.... Nothing as big! Nor is there comparison. But the BTL is a responsive sub for not being a designated SQ sub. I had it up to 80hz with authority and it fell off at 100hz. The box was 7 cubes at 33 hz.

I'm planning on putting 2 in a bass reflex just because of my listening preference. I'm not trying to put up numbers which is making me wonder if I even need the new version....lol

Edited by NewGuy

Will those of us who have the old BTL be able to add to our systems without replacing the old ones with all new ones? I'm trying to figure out if the new BTL is a totally different woofer from the old one.

Will those of us who have the old BTL be able to add to our systems without replacing the old ones with all new ones? I'm trying to figure out if the new BTL is a totally different woofer from the old one.

different motor so i guess you can say it is a totally difference sub

different motor so i guess you can say it is a totally difference sub

That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure...

i'd rather his time be spent on working on the actual sub then pics. im ok about it. something good can always be waited for.

DSCN1493.jpg

Quick back shot of the new BTL vs the last model. LOTS more steel and a couple extra inches in magnet diameter. New motor has more strength with the full cooling, daily, and universal options than the older version did in full SPL tolerence.

Rebate on the back of the new motor is for a 3.5" Fi dome tag to cover the bolt as well as give it a little "pizzazz"

More pics to come when I get some time.

Looks like it would be bigger then, the basket of a 12".

Magnet is the same OD as the cut out of the 12". You have to put things through at an angle to clear the wires. Dwarfs a 10" basket... and no, I wont be making any of those for people to reverse mount ;)

Ha awesome, like to see people fit 8 awg on that thing, and get it though the hole.

Dear god no.

UPS already hates us, they'd really loathe us then

:)

I actually asked Scott about it, but he said this single magnet is already so strong, the difference would be minimal. I guess if it was a burp only setup, it might be worth it, but for daily bumping it would be a waste of money. . .sure would look cool!!!

a thirhd magnet would ungodly like, but would weigh as much as 100+ probually

Will this new design trickle down to the AA Mayhem?

Can I get some Jazz Hands with that Pizzazz?

;)

very nice, just need some assembled pics now, so hate to say this but its gonna look kinda like the new XXX backside?