JoshHd6

NEW BTL MAY 1st?

seen it on the site..just wondering what changes will be made.. :neil:

pics would be nice :)

I think we need 2 or 3 more threads. ;)

Based on the description, I would say that the single-stack magnet and the 5 progressive spiders are the new options...and there might be more options as well.

Scott likes to keep things hush hush until they're really ready...so you might have to wait another month to find out.

I think we need 2 or 3 more threads. ;)
\

LOL maybe that will get him to talk

:tehe:

I have had things ready to go for a while... biggest issue was the magnetizer and designing a new coil to charge the motor as it is quite a bit larger in OD than the original (11.25" vs 8.6" magnets). All that aside things seem to be working as of Tuesday. Ill post a pic in a couple of days (when I get some time to... these 3:30 am- late whenever shifts are getting rough :( )

This new design is more or less based on what 95% of people order. It is rare that we sell a 2 magnet BTL (mostly for Street A,B,C apps) and more often than not it is a high Xmax coil as well. So based off of the % sales we designed a new motor that will incorporate these needs already into the design. Does this make it less expensive? Sorry... 1 new magnet costs 1.5 times that of all 3 of the others combined. More steel (with steel prices going through the roof) and more magnet = about 50% more build costs on our end. But we are also doing signifcantly more numbers and can actually keep the costs the same as the original with the 3rd magnet option. Still have flatwind and no cooling as standard...

New motor has a little more strength in its daily tolerence form than the older BTL did in SPL tolerences. Its a strong motor. Weight is a 3-4 more pounds as well. No 10" in these (I rarely did a 10" in the originals anyway... again, except for Street A classes).

More info to come.

Thanks,

Scott

I have had things ready to go for a while... biggest issue was the magnetizer and designing a new coil to charge the motor as it is quite a bit larger in OD than the original (11.25" vs 8.6" magnets). All that aside things seem to be working as of Tuesday. Ill post a pic in a couple of days (when I get some time to... these 3:30 am- late whenever shifts are getting rough :( )

This new design is more or less based on what 95% of people order. It is rare that we sell a 2 magnet BTL (mostly for Street A,B,C apps) and more often than not it is a high Xmax coil as well. So based off of the % sales we designed a new motor that will incorporate these needs already into the design. Does this make it less expensive? Sorry... 1 new magnet costs 1.5 times that of all 3 of the others combined. More steel (with steel prices going through the roof) and more magnet = about 50% more build costs on our end. But we are also doing signifcantly more numbers and can actually keep the costs the same as the original with the 3rd magnet option. Still have flatwind and no cooling as standard...

New motor has a little more strength in its daily tolerence form than the older BTL did in SPL tolerences. Its a strong motor. Weight is a 3-4 more pounds as well. No 10" in these (I rarely did a 10" in the originals anyway... again, except for Street A classes).

More info to come.

Thanks,

Scott

Can't wait for Pics

will the new BTL be more or less musical then the old one? and how will the qts compare? will it still have the great strenth the old BTL has to keep itself under control??

im wondering if maybe the old btl will still be available (with its old magnets and all) through options or will it be totally replaced by the new one? also wondering about the new weight compared to the old btl.

I was gonna order 2 BTL 18's on Wednesday. If I wait would I have 2 new style by June I wonder?

I was gonna order 2 BTL 18's on Wednesday. If I wait would I have 2 new style by June I wonder?

if u wait u should have 2 by mid may..only takes 8-10 days to get the subs after u order..

if u wait u should have 2 by mid may..only takes 8-10 days to get the subs after u order..

Cool. I'll have to build my box during the wait then.

so is this new btl better than the old one performance wise??? if it is it sucks for me becuase i just got my btl not long ago and now they are coming with this new one....

so is this new btl better than the old one performance wise??? if it is it sucks for me becuase i just got my btl not long ago and now they are coming with this new one....

it is great to see that Scott has time redesigning subs and always improving on product.

cant wait for a new set of btl get out, progress is all that counts:)

its not always good to stay on a regular course.

great to see you here again Scott:)

Eli.

the "old BTL" released in 2006 should never be a disappointment to see in the mail, no matter what else comes out!

From what Scott mentioned about the appearance of the sub (single magnet and more steel) I picture the old Ascendant Audio Avalanche. I'm guessing if some folks want the old BTL they'll have to get an AA Mayham. Great way to seperate the two lines (AA & Fi). Way to go Scott, I can wait to see them.

Real quick update as I have received about 50 of the same email in the past 2 days... pricing :)

12" $389

15" $409

18" $439

All options remain the same as far as cost.

Although it appears as though pricing has gone up... it truly hasnt. We are no longer offering the 3rd magnet option and as the new motor costs significantly more and is stronger than even the SPL version with the 3rd magnet, we are adding in the 3rd magnet option pricing to the new standard price. I doubt many will be offended by this one given that 99.9% of BTL sales were with the 3rd magnet option as it is.

As time passes we see what trends and options people are looking for and will be integrating the majority of things into future products. No sense offering something that no one wants... (like the old X series)... we will also be testing the waters with a couple of other drivers shortly as well (smaller SQ oriented subs), so stay tuned.

Thanks,

Scott

Real quick update as I have received about 50 of the same email in the past 2 days... pricing :)

12" $389

15" $409

18" $439

All options remain the same as far as cost.

Although it appears as though pricing has gone up... it truly hasnt. We are no longer offering the 3rd magnet option and as the new motor costs significantly more and is stronger than even the SPL version with the 3rd magnet, we are adding in the 3rd magnet option pricing to the new standard price. I doubt many will be offended by this one given that 99.9% of BTL sales were with the 3rd magnet option as it is.

As time passes we see what trends and options people are looking for and will be integrating the majority of things into future products. No sense offering something that no one wants... (like the old X series)... we will also be testing the waters with a couple of other drivers shortly as well (smaller SQ oriented subs), so stay tuned.

Thanks,

Scott

awesome..cant wait..PICS!

ahhh, i gotta rid of my ssd and get the new BTL. wished i had two cars for this

considering what the name of the company stands for...trying to develop a true SQ sub seems like a good idea to me...I would buy one or two

....not that I wont try to get my hand on the new BTL

also, since there is more spl in the new version, will any sq be sacrificed?