Sign in to follow this  
keith77

BTL 15 overexcursion

If you are playing a 30 hz tone and your box is tuned to 32 then of course it will start to bottom out, a box will not properly play a tone lower than it's tuning frequency....try a 34-35 hz tone and see if there is a problem there....if not, just don't play below 32 (which is pretty much inaudible to humans anyway)

not quite, you can play a good bit more under tuning than that. its not like you loose all cone control the second you go under tuning by 1hz.

and for your inaudibility comment, you're off by a decent margin as well.

Edited by George

If you are playing a 30 hz tone and your box is tuned to 32 then of course it will start to bottom out, a box will not properly play a tone lower than it's tuning frequency....try a 34-35 hz tone and see if there is a problem there....if not, just don't play below 32 (which is pretty much inaudible to humans anyway)

not quite, you can play a good bit more under tuning than that. its not like you loose all cone control the second you go under tuning by 1hz.

and for your inaudibility comment, you're off by a decent margin as well.

That's true, last box i built that was tuned to 29hz, i had the SSF set at 25hz and my setup was fine for over a year before i sold the car.

And hopefully you can hear below 32hz...

Music starts to get interesting in the 20s.

Anything below 20hz is inaudible by the average person.

From the first post in this thread I was going to ask if you're sure its actually bottoming and not distorting or clipping by any chance?

Setting gains with a multimeter can get you in the ballpark, but because you have no idea how much any specific amp puts out without benching it, I find it better to just go by ear when adjusting gains.

i have the same trunk and you.... build another box... face it back. and let it wang..... my only problem is...sum times.. when i play hard my trunk pops at its own will...... but i adjusted it and now its fine,.

Sign in to follow this