ABXX49

Favorite supplement

So I wanna hear what your favorite supplement you have EVER taken was/is. It doesn't matter what type of supplement it was, just your personal favorite.

My favorite was BSN no-xplode. It gave me a great energy boost and kept me upbeat during my workout. I did also take NANO Vapor which was ridiculous from my experience. It gave me a huge boost, the downside was it made me sh*t my brains out...haha.

Not sure if I have a favorite. At the moment I am all off to shave off BFP and mass. But No-explode was good, along with Nitro-Tech.

in order of the best to ewh, it still works

You may not count this as a suplement but it's better than anything else for building a great body for form and function. Nothing else will work to it's potential without it.

lean real animal flesh meats including quality fish and seafood.

onto the more traditional suplements and whats on top

protein suplements

steroid and steroid like compounds

good multivitamin

Performance and energy, nothing else like it. Too bad stupid people made it go away. By stupid people I mean FDA and the media.

Ephedra

These are a near tie I like argenine products more, as most people I have worked with retained a bit of water on the skin with creatine and that doesn't hapen with the argenine. It can also put the lead in the pencil if you know what I mean. For pure performance though

NO2 type argenine products All are the same, just some have extra stuff

creatine

classics that can round out anything, and take a more basic aproach than the to I listed right above. Not as effective but can really change you if used right. I can really feel a change in my immune system personaly when I used these products, but with a good multi that shouldn't be an issue anyway.

the old fationed vomit flavor liquid aminos

taking in huge loads of glutamine

Edited by dem beats

What would you consider a "good multivitamin"?

My favorite is soursce of life multi w/o iron. They make mini ones if you can swallow big pills. Right now as I'm lazy and fat and not working out I only take 1/3 what they recomend. when active I would still probably only take 2/3 divided into 2 doses per day.

I also like the universal animal paks.

I worked in a nutrition shop for years, and have read so much I should just go to school and get the paperwork. I would say in general stay away from daily one or drug store brands.

when I was lifting 4 times a week on a 3 way split, and running 3 miles 3 times a week. I was taking an animal pak a day(had a good deal on them at the time they get spendy) and took an aditional 3 grams of vitamin c divided up into 3 doses every day.

I find though unless you want to make working out and nutrition #1 in your life it's pretty hard to be super dedicated. NOW nutrition makes a few really decent versions and I did like the gellcap green powder filled multi also.

What would you consider a "good multivitamin"?

My favorite is soursce of life multi w/o iron. They make mini ones if you can swallow big pills. Right now as I'm lazy and fat and not working out I only take 1/3 what they recomend. when active I would still probably only take 2/3 divided into 2 doses per day.

I also like the universal animal paks.

I worked in a nutrition shop for years, and have read so much I should just go to school and get the paperwork. I would say in general stay away from daily one or drug store brands.

when I was lifting 4 times a week on a 3 way split, and running 3 miles 3 times a week. I was taking an animal pak a day(had a good deal on them at the time they get spendy) and took an aditional 3 grams of vitamin c divided up into 3 doses every day.

I find though unless you want to make working out and nutrition #1 in your life it's pretty hard to be super dedicated. NOW nutrition makes a few really decent versions and I did like the gellcap green powder filled multi also.

x2 for animal pak :rockwoot:

a good proven effrective stack that i use is creatine, glutamine protein and multi vitamines. i don`t like to stay on creatine too long though i actually feel tired in work outs when i use it too long and i get indigestion.

Broken cell wall Chlorella. 4x more digestible than beef. Highest chlorophyll content of any of the algae products out there. May even be the highest of any green food, can't remember. Also pulls crap from your blood like heavy metals, toxins, etc.

It's really a food, but since I'm not a fish and it comes in a gel cap, I'm going to say it's a supplement for me.

Animal pack is a waste of money. The only thing it is is just a multivitamin with added energy supplements. The same can be achieved with a cheap $20 bottle, 365 day supply of Kirkland Brand Sports Multivitamin.

As for the best supplement I have taken I would have to go with No-Xplod. Even though it is terrible for you, makes you addicted, and causes mood swings it is a must for the gym. I go crazy just looking at the weights.

Another great product is Sci-Fit Kre-Alkalyn. It is the best creatine supplement on the market. It is 10x more potent than powdered form creatine and there is no need to cycle off. I gained significantly in my main lifts from this product alone. My bench went from 350 to 365, my squat jumped from 420 to 445, and my deadlift shot from 465 to 500. This was over the course of a month. Creatine takes 2 weeks in order to start seeing results as well.

For protein you cannot beat Optimum Whey Gold Standard. For the money it is great. You also get all you BCAAs in so the protein can efficiently make muscle. There is practically no sugar or anything unhealthy that is added to make it taste good.

Nitrotech is by far the best tasting protein powder available. Even with water.

For mass building was equibolan. Expensive but works.

For cutting was maxteron. Haven't used either in a while but they rock. Careful...a few side affects can follow.

These r legal by the way. Had to add that for u comedians!

For cutting was maxteron. Haven't used either in a while but they rock. Careful...a few side affects can follow.

Nitrotech is by far the worst tasting protein I have ever tasted. I get so many of their sampler packets that I just throw them away. People that I lift with do not even want them because of how disgusting it tastes. It is incredibly expensive and tastes terrible. Great results are to be gained through it though.

Nitrotech is by far the worst tasting protein I have ever tasted. I get so many of their sampler packets that I just throw them away. People that I lift with do not even want them because of how disgusting it tastes. It is incredibly expensive and tastes terrible. Great results are to be gained through it though.

Wow thats a first for me. Maybe they have fallen off since the last time I used it but strawberry was the shit! Expensive?...hell yes. Horrible tasting?...well I guess we'll agree to disagree. ;)

Wow thats a first for me. Maybe they have fallen off since the last time I used it but strawberry was the shit! Expensive?...hell yes. Horrible tasting?...well I guess we'll agree to disagree. ;)

Never tried the strawberry. The chocolate made me want to gag.

Never tried the strawberry. The chocolate made me want to gag.

I never had the chocolate anything for protein powder, bars or etc. Strawberry or vanilla for me. Try it with nonfat milk if you don't take like 3 shakes a day. Too many calories if you do.

believe me when i say i am a guru when it comes to working out ... i have the unofficial state record in deadlift and bench press for the junior division 181 weight class

Store brand Centrum Silver is about the only "supplement" I take...works good for me...

Store brand Centrum Silver is about the only "supplement" I take...works good for me...

Yeah seriously. Why do you guys need to waste money on vitamins and minerals that you get from your everyday foods? To get bigger? Stop being a vagina and work out a little harder.

Yeah seriously. Why do you guys need to waste money on vitamins and minerals that you get from your everyday foods? To get bigger? Stop being a vagina and work out a little harder.

Wow. So much insight to your post. You and M5 should stick to car audio where your vast, overwhelming knowledge gives you the right to bash people and their ideas even if they only want help. Of course what else is one to do when they are of a superior mind?

I beleive it says be respectful of others goals and share some of your experiences. You did neither.

Wow. So much insight to your post. You and M5 should stick to car audio where your vast, overwhelming knowledge gives you the right to bash people and their ideas even if they only want help. Of course what else is one to do when they are of a superior mind?

I beleive it says be respectful of others goals and share some of your experiences. You did neither.

You failed to read my whole post...there you go I highlighted what you need to read :)

You failed to read my whole post...there you go I highlighted what you need to read :)

Right. I must have missed that in your one sentence.

Not everyone can get all those vits and mins through their diet alone. Hence the word supplements. And why do you even care what people take and dont take? Its fine if you dont like or take them. Thats what makes everybody different.

Not everyone can get all those vits and mins through their diet alone. Hence the word supplements. And why do you even care what people take and dont take? Its fine if you dont like or take them. Thats what makes everybody different.

Vitamins and minerals aren't synthetic, they are natural, and they come from eating food. Protein is found in dairy products and red meat, also soy, and eggs. Creatine is another popular one, it's found in fish, and again red meat.

I care because it's pointless for people to spend money on this stuff, there are better things to spend money on.

Vitamins and minerals aren't synthetic, they are natural, and they come from eating food. Protein is found in dairy products and red meat, also soy, and eggs. Creatine is another popular one, it's found in fish, and again red meat.

I care because it's pointless for people to spend money on this stuff, there are better things to spend money on.

You do realize all whey protein is is dehydrated milk and soy. It is impossible to consume 1 gram of useable protein with the essential amino acids in it per pound of body weight. You would gain 10 lbs in one week. As for certain creatines such as monohydrate they can also be found naturally in red meat but you will never get adequate supplementation out of it. I will agree with you on certain products that are deemed artificial such as no-xplod (even though I take it) and animal stack.

Duran, there is more too getting bigger than just working out. I agree, you can get your most of your nutrition from food, but it can be expensive and time consuming cooking chicken six times a day. And I would never recommend eating red meat all the time. As delicious as it is, it's high in fat and cholesterol. It doesn't make you any tougher not taking supplements.

Again it all depends on what you want. If you want to be a Jay Cutler, or any form of bodybuilding, you're going to need dietary supplementation. If you have no problem being 5'9" 140lbs, you're not going to need any supplementation.

You bash people for taking supplements, yet what do you think OTC vitamins are? Supplements.

Says on my bottle of vitamins:

"Dietary Supplement"

:P